Dixie Narco 501E Problems

Mike4

I have a Dixie Narco 501E that I think the Main Board  is shot. Started with me not being able to get into SP mode by pressing 1&2, also people are telling me its taking money and not vending. Yesterday I went there and it thinks the number 2 button is being depressed and dumping diet coke selection every time a dollar is dropped. I pulled the membrane to make sure it was clean but still giving me issues. 

Some of the codes its throwing are....

SS-9
SS-2
SS-7

also...  I get this scrolling ....    HD 5402194.26

I may start with just the membrane and the cable to the membrane since its cracked at the plug. But does this all point to a Main Board issue as well? If I search up a Main Board for replacement, are there any variances I should be aware of, or just any 501E SIID board will work? I see them on Ebay for as little as 40 bucks but not sure if I can trust them. 

I want to attempt to fix this before I go the next route and buy a new machine. Currently sitting out of service. 

Mike

Edited by Mike4

If you think ot is a board issue, pull the battery from the board and let set for 10 minutes. Replace the battery and power up. This means you will need to reprogram the machine. I agreed to try the selection membrane first. 

• Like 1

I will try the membrane first. In the event that I do pull the battery, what all needs to be programmed besides prices? Complicated process?

Edited by Mike4
Misspelled word

It is just a membrane issue.  The HD is historical data and will show historical cash sales.  That is supposed to roll over at 9999.95 or maybe 99999.95 so I don't know why you have such a high number for HD.