USI Lance 3053 Programming

Hi All,

I just purchased a USI Lance model 3053 and am having some trouble with the programming. I've found a manual online for the 3053 but that says its for serial numbers beginning at 820000 and my machine's serial number is 802325 and the keypad layout is different. The machine I bought does not have any of the money-counting equipment installed but the motors all work and the rest is in fairly good shape so I was hoping to simply set the prices to 0 so I can use it at home for a bit of novelty. I was wondering if anyone could be of help either with how to actually make the selections free or might have the appropriate manual. The key pad is 0-9, A-J, and # and *, not the 0-13 and A-G i keep seeing in the manual that pops up online. I'd really appreciate any help getting this working or if setting the price to free is impossible, if anyone could point me to the appropriate bill validator and coin changer. 

Thanks,

Johnny

Here are a few photos of the machine. There’s a maka bill validator but I’m not sure if it actually works. There are a pair of wires coming off of the validator that  don’t seem to go anywhere and are just hanging. 9787158C-D2E7-4CB0-8FC5-DA81B70C929A-min.thumb.jpeg.22d89895f168fab80558a4883bd15fdd.jpegD1C3BFB1-C62C-404F-9185-45A6911F32CB-min.thumb.jpeg.091808fda70a6822bce49ff52dbbb652.jpeg

FBDAFBCC-E8A3-4D7E-B3D3-BC011569ADC1-min.jpeg

Yeah I'm not sure about the switch.  It would be a lot easier if you showed a pic of the keypad and, if possible, a pic of the control board which looks to be mounted in the cabinet somewhere.  The whole panel probably slides out.

Look for a manual for a USI 3015.  It may have the same programming.  If so, you press the service mode button, then 5, then I believe you just press the selection (ie. A1), then price it (ie. 1-0-0 for $1.00 or 0-0-0 for free), then # to save or press * to copy the last price.... (Ie A1, 000, * A2, *, A3, *, etc..) and then # to save.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Here are some images of the board and button panel. I can seem to get it to accept any price other than $0.00 and they’ll save, but $0 just won’t stick. The machine is also missing the coin mechanism so I’m not sure if that’s needed in order to vend. I’m not against purchasing a coin mechanism and just setting all the prices to a nickel if needed but obviously it would be easier not to and I don’t know what I would need to buy. 
https://imgur.com/a/9HCKtIQ

10 minutes ago, JohnnyLax said:

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Here are some images of the board and button panel. I can seem to get it to accept any price other than $0.00 and they’ll save, but $0 just won’t stick. The machine is also missing the coin mechanism so I’m not sure if that’s needed in order to vend. I’m not against purchasing a coin mechanism and just setting all the prices to a nickel if needed but obviously it would be easier not to and I don’t know what I would need to buy. 
https://imgur.com/a/9HCKtIQ

Ignore the part about the coin mech, it says on the service panel cover it takes a coinco 9302L or 9342L. 

I think you're right, with the 3015 manual everything programs exactly how it ought to, except if you try to make anything free, at which point it freaks out and won't let you select that option. Looks like I need to go buy a coin mechanism and then set prices to like a nickel. If anyone has any recommendations on where to find/order an older coin mechanism I'd love to hear it. The machine says it needs a CoinCo 9302L or 9342L. I'm not sure if there might be newer more readily available options that would be easier to find. I'm in the Tampa FL area if that's helpful. Also it turns out the switches aren't switches at all, they're circuit breakers that I'm guessing broke so the previous owner just snipped the wires that went in and out of them and wire nutted them together. 

Cheers

Edited by JohnnyLax
Forgot Something

A 9302-L is readily available.  I believe, but don't quote me on it, that a mars trc 6010 is 24v but a 6010x is also 24v but it won't work because it's MDB.  I use 9302-L almost exclusively for old USI machines.

Awesome, thanks so much for all of the advice. I got this machine out of someone's garage for like $50 with all the motors/electronics working so needing to add 1 part to get it working isn't the end of the world. Last question I hope, is it normal for a bill validator not to work at all without a coin mechanism installed? The machine has a Maka NB2-14C installed but when you try to enter a bill nothing happens. Not sure I'll ever even try using bills but just curious if its broken or if its normal for them not to function with the coin mech not present. 

In that machine a coin mech with change in it is required for the bill acceptor to be enabled, but I wouldn't expect it to work. You also need to replace the circuit breakers as they protect the circuit board, coin mech and bill acceptor. 

• Like 1

Ok thanks. Not going to be mad at all if the bill acceptor doesn't work as long as the coin mech can still function. The circuit breakers are like 2 bucks a piece so I'll just order some and reinstall them when they get here. 

You can turn the 3053 Lance machine on free by entering the service mode then press 11 should say options then press F should say Free XXX (with the XXX being the currently set free number) change the current XXX by using the number keys to set this to 1 (may need to be 001 I don't recall for sure) then press 10 to save it. Now the screen should say Free on Us or something similar.