VendNet CB3179-SA Loud Compressor

ATGV

I recently inherited a VendNet CB3179-SA. It works great and keeps cool, that is until the compressor kicks on. It is very loud, like a jet about to take off. I checked the manual for noisy or vibrating unit, however from the outside, everything seems to be tight, no leaks, from what I can tell. Anyone have experience with these machines, or this issue?

Link to the machine noise:

https://youtube.com/shorts/iBoORGflZKA?feature=share

3179man.png

Maybe a bad fan motor but likely a bad compressor.  Someone has probably bounced it or laid it on it's back or dropped it and effed up the rotor in the compressor.  It's not a fun machine to get the cooling unit out of if you haven't done it before.  You'll need someone to rebuild it with a new compressor.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Thanks 1

actually a really nice machine made by FSI/USI/Wittern, but hard to get parts for, if it cools, and works don't mess with it, what it could be is the fan behind the condenser, the aluminum thing with the blades on it, there's a fan right behind that, see if its touching anything, if not, and the compressor is really noisy, id let it run till it craps out, no sense in fixing something that's not broken yet.

• Thanks 1

Evap fans! Yay! Not too expensive. Just a pita to remove the deck but way better than a failed compressor.

did you peek inside to make sure that there isn’t ice buildup rubbing on the fans due to a low refrigerant charge?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Evap fans! Yay! Not too expensive. Just a pita to remove the deck but way better than a failed compressor.

did you peek inside to make sure that there isn’t ice buildup rubbing on the fans due to a low refrigerant charge?

I can't see the fans becuase there is a plate the covers them. I do see frost. This machine is indoors, however the climate is not controlled and can get humid at times. I'm not looking forward to removing the deck.

20220412_170557.jpg