Wondering how I would transfer this older DEX machine to MDB.

Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a good May 24! I am planning on buying this machine but its al older machine. Wondering what the best plan to upgrading it to MDB would be. Do I need to buy a whole new motherboard. What is every option I can use to upgrade it! 

Thanks guys and happy vending

Screenshot_20220521-204115_Brave.jpg

D&S sells a conversion board for this machine.  It will make it MDB and it will require all MDB components such as coin mech and validator.  That's at least $300 for the board and $200~ for mech and val.  For that much money, you might be able to find a 501e that's about ready to go.  Unless the royal is dirt cheap.  Just keep in mind it is really only designed to vend cans.  

So its $375 for the machine and they have been posted for 6 weeks and it works great. So maybe I could get it for $200 for $300 but If they board costs that much it would be better to spend like 600 on a mdb machine probably right...

If you can get a 501e in decent shape for 1k, you'd be doing yourself a favor. You'd just want to make sure it's already hooked up to MDB components because it can run 110v too.  The 501e can vend just about any standard drink, you just need the right shims and setup.

1 hour ago, Jagg753 said:

https://snackattacknow.com/product/dixie-narco-276e-501e-522e-600e-siid-control-board/

So I found this board online. It looks like a MDB board but wanna make sure before I buy it? Would this just be plug in and then everything works? Thanks for all the info man!

For the models listed in the description, it will work.  But you can't put that board into a royal.  That won't work at all.  Control boards generally aren't interchangeable between manufacturers.

Don't even mess with that Royal. It's too difficult to adjust the motor cams to single deep vending if you want to do any bottles and then you can't put it back to cans. They have funky "cams" that are super brittle at 20 plus years old.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Don't even mess with that Royal. It's too difficult to adjust the motor cams to single deep vending if you want to do any bottles and then you can't put it back to cans. They have funky "cams" that are super brittle at 20 plus years old.

Which may already be broken.  And thus why its still for sale.

My two cents, if your location is good enough to need a machine that has MDB so you can run credit readers, your location needs a better machine in general.

Move on, there are plenty of machines out there.

So question for you. Is a DEX alright for just a normal location not too busy. It's my second machine and the snack machine I got has a bill accepter. I'm from canada so they are harder to come by. But If I just want a pop machine with a coin mech inside is a DEX one okay?