Slow moving snack machine items

Anyone have experience with slow moving snack sales. I have been replacing fast moving items to keep sales up. I have also considered leaving fast movers sold out  in order to move more of the slow movers. If popular items are sold out will customers make other choices, or not make a purchase. Has anyone experimented with this. Problem with expiration dates. Thanks

Best you can do is fill the machine with things that have a longer shelf life. You may need to rotate your stock from location to location to sell it out before it goes stale. I’d never let a machine get super low in order for the less popular items to sell down.

Double up your good sellers and remove the same number of slow movers. Match the stocking levels of each spiral to how much sells each service cycle - extend your service cycles too. You want the machine at least 60% sold by the time you service it. If you do this correctly you will find a couple of sold outs and several others down to just one to three items left. That's when you are doing your job efficiently. Or get better accounts.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, tblake05 said:

Best you can do is fill the machine with things that have a longer shelf life. You may need to rotate your stock from location to location to sell it out before it goes stale. I’d never let a machine get super low in order for the less popular items to sell down.