Gage position and "Com" position

Buhlazen

Hi, I've got myself in a situation. I have a Vendo 511 that is going to be moved into an apartment complex tomorrow, and didn't buy the correct voltage portable power supply to turn it on (there are no outlets in the unit). I've got to adjust the columns for the different drinks and want to finish programming after it reaches the location but before then want to work on all the parts that do not involve programming.

This involves adjusting back spacers, shims, gage position and "com" position. These last two gage bar and "com" position I'm not sure about and have been looking for an answer. Also it says on this manual that I have to change 4 things (back spacer, shims, gage bar, com) but I've heard about product spacers on the bottom too so what's the deal with those?

My main questions are:

How do you adjust the gage position?

How do you adjust the com position?

Do you need to adjust the product spacers for 7+, 7- inches even though it doesn't talk about it here?

vendo511bottles.png

Edited by Buhlazen

The gage bar is held in by a cotter pin.   Remove that and you can adjust the bar to whatever you need it to be.  The cams are in front of the motors.  You adjust those clockwise until you get the desired position.  Product spacer can be moved forward and back until you get it to where you need it.  Do you know what was previously sold in the columns?   If you have flavor cards in the selections that can kind of give you an idea of what was previously sold in the columns.  Example:  if column 1 has a 12 oz coke flavor card in it, test it out for a few vends and make sure it works.  If it does and you plan on selling 12 oz coke then leave it just like that and use that column for reference for all other columns you plan on selling 12 oz cans.  
Also you have to prime the motors on these machines.   What that means is when you load the machine you will have to test vend column until product moves into place to begin dispensing.  
That gage bar setting is very important.  I once didn’t set it right on one of these and put 20 oz Gatorade and the bottles busted the bar.  You won’t find that gage bar unless someone is parting out with a univendor.

What products are you going to sell?  The front cams have to be flexed away from the rear cams in order to move the front cam.  I don't understand your reference to +7 and -7 on the rear spacer.

@Gizmo Vending @AZVendor Hey, I figured out the gage bar. 3 spots, and pin goes through one.  @AZVendor I'll be vending 12 oz cans, 16 oz monster, 16.9 oz bottles and 20 oz gatorade. The things that I couldn't figure out were the gage clip under the columns. Some have 2 and some have 1, and I think I saw that there are different sizes for them from the manual on the machine. With the cams I saw how it worked but wasn't sure how to loosen them to turn, because I didn't want to break something. The final thing was shims and spacers. I know how many shims I need for each drink, but there is a spacer in each column with no shim and I don't know if the spacer counts as a shim (wishful thinking, because I'll have to buy shims if not). It said there was a high spacer position and a low shim position. Every spacer was in the high spacer position, and on this diagram here it says "Use shim" for cans and 16.9 oz bottles but shows the spacer position in the spot.

My questions are:

How do you adjust the motor brake so that you can rotate the motor?

Do I have to adjust the gage clips under the columns (there are 1 for some, 2 for others)? I moved the gage bar into the right spots.

I'm guessing that 12 oz cans and 16.9 oz bottles can be vended with the spacer because it has done it before, but for the 20 oz bottle it says on the diagram to use 2 shims, then shows the lower shim position only being used. My spacer would not fit in that shim spot.

vendo511bottles.png

IMG_0048.jpg

12 oz, 16 oz can and 16.9 oz bottle are all the same diameter so use the same side shims for them.  For 2-deep bottles you need one grey clip just before the second level up on the gage bar.  For cans you need just two white clips on the middle of the gage bar except for 16 oz cans that will need two grey clips to hold up the rear can on the forward part of the gage bar.  For 20 oz Gatorade you don't need any side shims and put one grey clip on just before the rise in the gage bar.  No need to manually rotate the motor.  You can do that with the machine test vend.  I would do all of this after you have power to the machine.  Manually moving the motor far enough takes forever.

Okay, thank you. I'm not sure if all the ones I saw were white, I could be wrong but it's possible this machine used all cans before. There was variability though (1 and 2). Are there sections of the gage bar or do I give a good estimate of where to place them? Also what is the second level up? The second spot from the rear?

I'll leave all the shims in and take out the shim for the 20 oz.

With rotating the motor, I know what you mean. Use mode a few times and get to the spot where I can change it to ____ deep

The black clips are no longer made.  At least the black ones with the flimsy mushroom end on them are not made now.  The tall grey clip takes it's place. This is unless you can find someone that has old used black clips.

10 hours ago, AZVendor said:

The black clips are no longer made.  At least the black ones with the flimsy mushroom end on them are not made now.  The tall grey clip takes it's place. This is unless you can find someone that has old used black clips.

Vendors exchange still has them.

https://www.veii.com/GAUGE-BAR-CLIP-TALL

IIRC the grays were the discontinued clips because you can just buy black clips and slice the mushroom off with a razor blade.