Replacing drilled out locks

Hey everyone, 

I purchased machines that the previous owner lost the locks to. I drilled them out so I was able to get inside, but I have a couple of questions. 

1.) Is it possible I drilled incorrectly and now a tubular lock won't find the T-Handle?

2.) Or should a new Tubular lock fit the old drilled out T-Handle?

3.) Do I need to replace the entire T-Handle?

4.) Does anyone have better ways to remove a lock if you've lost a key?

5.) Any other general tips or advice would be appreciated.

I've attached photos that might help visualize my concerns about the locks. 

Thank you all! 

Lock 1.jpg

Lock 2.jpg

Lock 3.jpg

On 1/4/2023 at 9:56 PM, AZVendor said:

You might need more than just a T-handle if you got into the end of the threaded stud or damaged the roll pin in there.

Hey AZ, might be a stupid question but how would I know for sure if I damaged the roll pin or the threaded stud? As easy as opening the machine and looking?

Remove the T-handle assembly and look at it.  There will be a C clip where the threaded stud protrudes out of the coin casting inside the door.  Remove that clip without losing it and then pull the handle assembly out to look at the parts while you disassemble it.  You'll have to do this to replace the handle anyway so do it before you order any parts.  To remove the stud from the T-handle you will tilt the stud in reference to the T-handle to shift the pin out of the way.  I also just looked at your first pic again and I can see that someone also tried to break in at the top of your selection panel.  That is a common place for people to try to force a pick in to push the plunger of the lock cylinder in to release the handle.  You should fix that by flattening it and then drilling a hole through the area to put a door trim t-bolt in that spot to prevent it - unless this machine will go into a secure location.

Edited by AZVendor

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 4:28 PM, Fermo Vending said:

Is that true anytime a lock needs to be drilled out? Or is there a way to do it and avoid needing to replace the T-handle 

no, its the way you do it, stay clean and save $$$