InOne for Royal Merlin 4 and USI CB500/CB700

4 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Chris, thinking out loud... Is there any reason this wouldn't work on the cb300 as well?  It also uses the mcb12 board- same as the cb500.

The first thing I did was take the board with me to a CB-300 to see if it would fit.  I have never had to change a board on either USI model before so I wasn't sure.  But from what I saw, the boards are not the same size.  Maybe they are the same board.. but not the same size... at least it looked that way to me.  However, it was hinted that they may very well be trying to make it work with a CB-300.  I just don't think they mount quite the same so I don't know if it's possible to make it fit at all without some modification.  

If it does become available for the CB-300, I am guessing it will either be available immediately when the other boards are ready or maybe a few months later.  I don't really know though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 7:50 PM, AngryChris said:

Hi everyone.  I wanted to give you guys some exciting news.  I was allowed to participate in a beta testing of some new InOne boards.

Thanks so much for your participation in beta testing new drink upgrades Chris!  You are were a great help during testing and we appreciate your willingness to be involved and assist others too.   I will make a separate post with detailed info and photos of all 3 installations so everyone knows what's coming soon.  To address CB-300 support, I doubt our controller will work in that cabinet as we didn't design for that particular machine, however, we may look at supporting the 3179 machine in the future depending upon how well new drink upgrades are received by operators in the coming months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arnie InOne said:

Thanks so much for your participation in beta testing new drink upgrades Chris!  You are were a great help during testing and we appreciate your willingness to be involved and assist others too.   I will make a separate post with detailed info and photos of all 3 installations so everyone knows what's coming soon.  To address CB-300 support, I doubt our controller will work in that cabinet as we didn't design for that particular machine, however, we may look at supporting the 3179 machine in the future depending upon how well new drink upgrades are received by operators in the coming months.

Thanks Arnie!  It was a very neat experience and I am happy I got to participate in it.  My CB500 has been working on location for months now.  I'm pretty excited because I think there are so 3189s and older 650s out there in great shape that just need updated boards.  I'll probably be needing at least 4 or 5 myself over the next 18 months as we continue to update and refurbish.

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments Chris and I agree with you on demand.  I talk with so many people who just sort of abandoned the idea of ever being able to install card readers on these particular drink machines. When I mention InOne is working on upgrades they get excited that they can now install card readers and get dex telemetry data and place more equipment in the field. Other guys I talked with will use the kit to upgrade and sell their existing excess inventory because the machine is now valuable again.  Its really a win-win for everyone! 

• Like 1

4 years ago I retrofit a cb700 (3151) board in my cb500 (3189) for cashless. Huge job and took a lot of electronic knowledge. But it has definitely paid off in sales cause my machine is in great shape at a busy dealer. If only this kit was available back then.... I may still be interested in it cause my 3189 (running a 3151 board) still won’t report cash sales.

....seems I remember capitol had a replacement board for the mcb12 that could do cashless. Pretty sure I inquired about it back then but it was discontinued due to slow sales before I could buy one.

Arnie, any idea the price point? As I’ve been avoiding buying 3189 cb500’s cause they can’t do cashless. Even though I prefer the look of the 3189’s over the look of the 3500 cb500’s.

24 minutes ago, tblake05 said:

4 years ago I retrofit a cb700 (3151) board in my cb500 (3189) for cashless. Huge job and took a lot of electronic knowledge. But it has definitely paid off in sales cause my machine is in great shape at a busy dealer. If only this kit was available back then.... I may still be interested in it cause my 3189 (running a 3151 board) still won’t report cash sales.

....seems I remember capitol had a replacement board for the mcb12 that could do cashless. Pretty sure I inquired about it back then but it was discontinued due to slow sales before I could buy one.

Arnie, any idea the price point? As I’ve been avoiding buying 3189 cb500’s cause they can’t do cashless. Even though I prefer the look of the 3189’s over the look of the 3500 cb500’s.

The USI conversion was surprisingly easy.  I'd say it's one of the easiest conversions.  It does report cash sales

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 8:40 PM, tblake05 said:

Yes, we are pricing any of the drink upgrades kit we'll offer at $399.  I'll post some more information today with some photos! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just adding some info for future vendiscuss browsers, The  inone merlin IV UCB wouldn't be compatible with the 372  because it requires 5 selection buttons, the 372 only has 3.

Edited by Beach Box

4 hours ago, AZVendor said:

What's a 372?  The Red Bull POS machine?

Yes I think so. Not sure why anyone would even consider putting a card reader on a Red Bull machine much less buy one. Yuck.

Side note, the control board in them, can swap in the latest Merlin IV eprom and it works in the 650’s AND reports cash over mdb. I bought one as a gamble for cheap cause it was branded red-bull and then just swapped in the latest eprom. Works perfect.