Lottery mode…?!

My machine has a Lottery mode that can be activated and there isn’t much information online about it.  Anyone play with or know about this feature?

I assume it’s a put in $1 and the machine vends one random item, the item maybe be a $0.50 item or a $2 item and everything in between. Alternatively, put in a $1 and we vend your selection but we may vend 2 or 3, take your risk. (Less value for the vendor). 

Anyone with experience with this?

Yeah nobody uses that.  It essentially is setup by the operator to let a machine give away something after so many vends.   The real lottery for your customers is what can they get from wrestling and shaking the machine and see what falls out.  That’s a lottery they can understand and appreciate..

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

You can add that to the list of options that most professional vendors typically don't mess with.  

Haha, good thing I’m not a professional vendor. I hear you and understand but it might be something worth exploring like offering combos, it’s adding total value for both the consumer and more volume for the vendor, it could be argued it’s gimmicky but may also incentivize greater sales. 

10 hours ago, DeltaBuilders said:

My machine has a Lottery mode that can be activated and there isn’t much information online about it.  Anyone play with or know about this feature?

I assume it’s a put in $1 and the machine vends one random item, the item maybe be a $0.50 item or a $2 item and everything in between. Alternatively, put in a $1 and we vend your selection but we may vend 2 or 3, take your risk. (Less value for the vendor). 

Anyone with experience with this?

Here's the feature in action: 

• Thanks 1

So it’s not a “random” as it is more a set of “every X” refund. 

Im going to reach out Seaga (everyone’s favorite) and get an exact explanation. I might set it up see have  sign stating a “Every X  is a winner!”  

I’m definitely going to set up combos. 

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

There are so many bad operators out there. You don't need to do much to stand out except keep the machines clean, filled, and working.

I hear you and agree. I’m in the fortunate position that I own the location and so cleaned and filled won’t be an issue. Working, well it’s a Seaga, we’ll see how that goes, haha. 

The location has barber shop, a few salons, restaurant, offices, etc. so the lottery is to encourage the tenants to use it. But it is gimmicky to do, but might be fun it’s it’s fully random.  

My next move, after a full explanation from Seaga exactly what is Lottery (random or simple after X vends) is to contact the gaming commission because it could actually to seen as a form of gambling vs a game of skill.  Gambling requires a  whole other licensing. 

Edited by DeltaBuilders
  • Haha 1