Starting my route up

jkrambeer123

Hello,

I am brand new to the industry. I happen to own another business, which is seasonal.

My plan is to start off getting 30 chocolate mint patty machines, locating them into good locations, and keeping myself busy over the next year or so with them. Then when I get each machine to be able to make between 75-100$ per month.  Sell the route entirely. 

Just introducing myself and going over a game plan. If anyone has some advice feel free to share! 

Thanks!

What makes you think that this is a good plan?  Falling for some online site's claims of getting rich?  This is not a good plan. 

1.  Single products not in gumball or toy form will die off. 

2.  Crappy machines with no resale value. 

3.  Your idea of what your sales will be per machine is pure wishing.

Search through the bulk vending sub-forum for this idea and you'll find out more about it.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 7:47 AM, AZVendor said:

What makes you think that this is a good plan? 

Good locations, with a good product, and solid reliable machines. Just like any other business model. If I can pull this off, it will be profitable for me. With very little startup cost. 

Falling for some online site's claims of getting rich?  This is not a good plan. 

Not falling for any online sites claims or get rich quick schemes.

1.  Single products not in gumball or toy form will die off. 

I have contacts in the vending business who have been doing this for over 40 years, they disagree with this statement.

2.  Crappy machines with no resale value. 

I am buying brand new machines... I dont understand why you think they are crappy?

3.  Your idea of what your sales will be per machine is pure wishing.

It is absolutely speculative. I am completely aware of this. It is simply a goal.

Search through the bulk vending sub-forum for this idea and you'll find out more about it.

I have done a lot of research and have found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge! 

Even if it doesn't make sense to others. I will be 100% truthful and track my journey on these forums. In no way do I need this money to make money for me. I could lose everything I put into this and be absolutely fine. Honestly, I am doing this to see if I can pull it off and enjoy the time spent on it. I appreciate the constructive criticism! 

4 hours ago, jkrambeer123 said:

Exactly what brand of machine are you buying, from where and for what price?

I'm not sure who you are talking to in the bulk vending industry but if they are advising you to buy 30 brand new peppermint patty machines you may want to look for a second opinion. It almost sounds like you are being pulled into a bizop scheme.

Maybe something like this:

https://www.luckymintroutes.com/