Help with AMS 39 VCF

HopeVendor

I’m looking to possibly buy a used AMS 39 VCF Sensit 2.

The cooling deck has been removed, but that’s OK with me since I’m just going to use this as a regular snack machine.

That said, when I plug-in the machine, the lights flicker on and off, on and off, and there’s a continual clicking noise in the end of the GFCI cord.

I’m not sure if this is happening because the cooling deck was removed or not. Wondering if I just need to replace the cord or if I need to do something else to fix this issue. 

Thanks for any help!

5E71E632-7C7E-423E-A174-13FFA7D1B33E.jpeg

removing the compressor derck should not effect the operation.  You may have bad bulbs or transformer in machine.  As for the clicking noise, inspect the power cord for any damaged area. Also check that any and all ground wires are securely attached. If all looks fine, replace the end of the chord, not necessarily GFIC pluyg.

Concerning the power cable, are you guys saying I just need to go to Lowe’s or Home Depot to get a 3ft power cord and splice it in?  I’ve actually never done that before, so just let me know exactly what I need to do.  I guess I could also order a new AMS power cable online, but probably a lot more expensive going that route?

What you circled is power for the compressor so you don't need that now.  The loose door switch needs to be remounted so the machine knows when the door is closed.  The lamp socket might need to come from AMS as it's not standard in how it mounts.  With the lamp mounted on the side I would say that this is a VisiFood or VisiCombo with soda shelves.  You may end up with error codes if it's a VisiFood because there will be a health control that isn't satisfied any longer.  

First off, thank you AZVendor for all your help.  I have looked at a few threads on here and can see that you are VERY involved and have a lot of experience/wisdom to share.  Much appreciated!

I live in Hope, Indiana and just started vending as a side business 6 months ago.  I have really enjoyed it.  I have 5 drink machines.  This purchase would be my first snack machine.  

The guy wanted $900 at first, but I got him down to $625.  Do you think this would be a good buy?   

The location I would put it in definitely needs a credit card reader.  Sounds like I would need to update the eprom to make it compatible, but I think thats only like $50.

It has “VCF” on the nameplate.  Not sure if this means VisiCombo or VisiFood.

VCF is the food version so you will have constant Health Control issues that will put the machine out of service.  You might need to put a snack eprom in the logic board to avoid it, but I'm not sure about that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I'd give $900 in a heartbeat for that

Ok, so it sounds like $625 is a great deal.  There’s still a few things to fix on it, but none of them seem like big ticket items.  
Not sure how much the snack eprom would be that AZVendor was talking about

On 12/29/2023 at 10:00 PM, HopeVendor said:

Concerning the power cable, are you guys saying I just need to go to Lowe’s or Home Depot to get a 3ft power cord and splice it in?  I’ve actually never done that before, so just let me know exactly what I need to do.  I guess I could also order a new AMS power cable online, but probably a lot more expensive going that route?

I never received a response on the post above about how to fix or replace the power cord.

Any extra help would be great!

Cut the GFCI off and get a 15 Amp plug. Cut the insulation back about 1 1/2 inches. Strip 1/2 inch off each wire. Put white into the silver terminal, black into the brass terminal and green into the ground terminal. Tighten down each terminal to secure the wires, slide the body up over the terminals and secure it so only the insulation of the cord is what you see.  Not hard at all and I'm surprised you need an explanation.

13 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Cut the GFCI off and get a 15 Amp plug. Cut the insulation back about 1 1/2 inches. Strip 1/2 inch off each wire. Put white into the silver terminal, black into the brass terminal and green into the ground terminal. Tighten down each terminal to secure the wires, slide the body up over the terminals and secure it so only the insulation of the cord is what you see.  Not hard at all and I'm surprised you need an explanation.

Thank you AZVendor, that explanation was very clear.  

It’s my first issue with a power cord and I wanted to make sure to do it right. Thanks again.