Crane 6500 ap

Hello all!

So I have, as the title says, a crane 6500ap unit that has a whole shelf that suddenly won't work (candy config). Not in service mode I get make another selection, in service mode I get mtr error. I've taken the whole shelf out, cleaned and made sure it was connecting the pins in the back. I'm just wondering if one bad motor would be knocking out the whole shelf and how I could test for that? Or if it's the wiring that may need to be replaced. 

The rest of the machine is fine just that shelf and only began maybe 3 weeks ago(unfortunately it took me that long to notice that the numbers weren't changing). 

Thanks for any help!

-SNAK ATAK Vending

17102690740035225807163514977545.jpg

It sounds like you lost the connection to the shelf. I have not seen that machine before.  Is it a revision door upgrade on an older machine?  If so, what door or board is it? The door hinges really trhrow me off

It's an unsupported AP machine from just before Crane raped and pillaged AP.  Pull the shelf out and look at the cabinet back connector.  Each slot should have two shiny side to it.  If one does not then that wire connector has been pushed out by the corresponding pin on the shelf connector.  This can be caused by loose, broken or missing shelf rollers or the shelf being slammed back into the cabinet. The wires are probably soldered onto the connectors and if the pin slot is damaged you will need to move the shelf and cabinet back wires to an unused opposing pins to fix it - if an empty pin exists.  Your problem is likely to be the main common wire to the shelf since all selections stopped working. 

A good first test is to move the shelf to a working position to see if it works there.  If so then it's as I described.  However, if the bad shelf does not then work in a different shelf position, then your issue is in the shelf itself.

So I switched the shelves around. Now both shelves don't work. I read the manual and see that the motor scan should be happening with the engage of the door switch but im only seeing it go through the logistics then straight to my scroll. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for all the comments so far.

Motor scan depends on the software revision. If your board goes into service mode when you open the door, press C then close the door to get motor scan. If you manually have to press the service mode button, press 1 time to enter service mode then close the door, or press and hold the door switch.