Bill Acceptor or CC reader? This is driving me nuts!

I have a Dixie Narco 501E Going into an apartment building in the next couple of weeks. 

The apartment houses roughly 104 tenants. All young adults.

My Dixie Narco in its current state only accepts change... AKA very rudimentary but the machine is in good condition.

Given there are 104 tenants in the locations its going in, would you, in your professional opinion, attach a bill acceptor? a CC reader? Leave it the way it is?

Obviously Id like to attach everything, but I cant justify the price of a Nayax reader If I'm unsure of how many vends it'll make on average. A Nayax reader here in Canada will cost me nearly 700 upfront plus 10 bucks a month plus the vend fee, although I did find one used on marketplace for 150.. doubt that a good idea to buy though. 

Anyone in a similar position?

Edited by Cokedealer

Since it is now coin only I would suggest adding a CC reader.  That way you willalso be able to add some higher priced items such as Monster or C4.  Plus you will be able to track your sales by item.

43 minutes ago, Cokedealer said:

I have a Dixie Narco 501E Going into an apartment building in the next couple of weeks. 

The apartment houses roughly 104 tenants. All young adults.

My Dixie Narco in its current state only accepts change... AKA very rudimentary but the machine is in good condition.

Given there are 104 tenants in the locations its going in, would you, in your professional opinion, attach a bill acceptor? a CC reader? Leave it the way it is?

Obviously Id like to attach everything, but I cant justify the price of a Nayax reader If I'm unsure of how many vends it'll make on average. A Nayax reader here in Canada will cost me nearly 700 upfront plus 10 bucks a month plus the vend fee, although I did find one used on marketplace for 150.. doubt that a good idea to buy though. 

Anyone in a similar position?

I would make it CC reader only but coin and CC reader is good as well. Most importantly youre getting ripped off if you are paying 700$ for that reader. Also, in Canada the Canteloupe readers perform better and the customer service is way way better. A new unit on a new account is 400$ give or take. fees are 9-10$ a month. Don't buy a used reader. Invest in a new one. Do not put a bill acceptor in an apartment complex... your begging for a break in. Also but not least, buy a quality hasp and lock for said hasp.

44 minutes ago, LBR12 said:

I would make it CC reader only but coin and CC reader is good as well. Most importantly youre getting ripped off if you are paying 700$ for that reader. Also, in Canada the Canteloupe readers perform better and the customer service is way way better. A new unit on a new account is 400$ give or take. fees are 9-10$ a month. Don't buy a used reader. Invest in a new one. Do not put a bill acceptor in an apartment complex... your begging for a break in. Also but not least, buy a quality hasp and lock for said hasp.

Does anyone know if card readers need to be put onto a 3G/4G network? Can they just run off local wifi?