Question About Emailing Prospects

Well I only really email people once I've had a fave to face with them.  Unfortunately, you have to knock on doors to get a chance.  They want to see that you're a person.  Most contacts don't want to deal with strangers even if their vending service sucks.  They don't know what you offer and would rather not deal with it. 

You need to make yourself very approachable, get the gatekeeper to give you a good word to the decision maker, and then you need to follow up until you can get a face to face with a decision maker.  Emailing is cool but it only works if you have the right email to the right person in the first place.  That usually happens after an initial greeting.

When I first got bigger into vending I paid for a company to do a custom email blast to local businesses and did my own emails to companies for a first impression. Unfortunately it doesn’t work at all and most of the time the emails wind up in their spam folder. A good website helps but the best salesman is one thats in person. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:53 AM, Noob Vedo said:

What are you guys success rate in emailing prospects to potentially place a vending machine in their facility? Is email as effective as cold calling?

Get a website for your company with very good SEO , prepare a great looking brochure explaining your services along with email campaigns and cold calling.

You need to do all the above. Good website in my opinion is your best tool to get you into the door.

We found door to door knocking was least effective.

4 hours ago, Noob Vedo said:

Very Insightful. What are some DONT'S as a salesperson when your penetrating these potential accounts?

A trick I’ve learned is to not go straight to the front desk if possible. If theres an employee outside engaging them usually gets you past the front gatekeeper and to an actual decision maker because they’re not trained to deflect salesmen. Keep in mind we focus on manufacturing businesses so I assume this trick only works with this kind of company. Never EVER mention commission up front either and only discuss it if your gut thinks it’s worth it and as a last effort. 

Our City is small compared to other Cities, I emailed total of 15 Inns, Offices, Businesses. out of the 15, 10 responded to my email, out of the 10, I got a deal on 3 of them, other responded that they already have a vending machine on their facility.