Can this USI be converted to a normal machine?

20240507_155753.thumb.jpg.280098100f4ee9fb96afa0d22a8c67a6.jpg20240507_155743.thumb.jpg.f3862ca23c131d98b74d33e3b8875108.jpgHey guys, I recently posted about a guy selling 10 Wittern USI machines. He let me pick one up and bring it to my shop to check it out. According to the manual inside, it's a model 3537. Thing is, this machine was set up for hospital employee card swipe only. See pics. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this can be converted back to a normal snack machine set up (bill val, coin mech, card reader). The knockouts are there for bill and card, but there is no slot for a coin to go in, and also no spot for a coin box inside. Anyone know if parts are available to do this conversion? USI is tough getting on the phone thus far. Anyway, any help is much appreciated.

I see the circle for a coin entry and also for coin return. Also missing is a bracket that the coin mech mounts too. Coin insert tube (which I’m pretty sure is obsolete)…..Unsure if the bolt holes are there to mount any of it….. harnesses…. Things like that.

you’ll have lots of money into this one…. That is if usi even makes the parts you need anymore anymore.

unless that machine is basically free, I think I’d pass. Your gonna always run into something that’s not right or that you’ll need more parts.

You probably need to buy the entire coin door to get it all correct but it's unlikely that they will sell such a part.  Otherwise it's typing in part number after part number to see if what you need is even available and what freakin' price you'll have to pay for it.  Then, of course, there will always be parts you forgot to get or parts that aren't even keyed in the parts diagram that you don't even know to look for.

i am assuming if the board is there, all you need is the harnesses running to the bill and coin mechs, all the machines are made the same, they might have different model numbers but the parts are basically the same, you will have to do a bit of work, but not much, board, bill acceptor, coin mech, the coin box you can get on ebay, call up usi and they will tell you exactly what you'll need to do what you need to do

Coin return lever, attaching brackets, coin box bracket, all the screws, coin insert, outer door label, inner door coin chute, coin mech bracket weld assembly and many other parts that aren't there.  Not as simple as you think.

NY didn’t look closely or isn’t familiar with usi equipment. There’s LOTS missing…. Unless you want a credit/PayRange only machine….Hard pass.