Vendo 511with a MARS series 2000 bill acceptor

Tommy

I have a Vendo 511with a MARS series 2000 bill acceptor. The red light is flashing indicating a “bill path jammed”. There is nothing jammed in the bill path. I have cleaned the back of the cartridge and the bottom of the acceptor that you pull out and the light resets to solid red. But when you put a dollar bill in ……….. it goes in about one inch and stops and the red light goes back to flashing once. What does this mean? Is there a fix that I am missing? Thanks.

One thing I’d check before sending it for repair is to take the magazine out and make sure the little plastic prism on the magazine isn’t popped out and blocking the bill.

I thought I read that you’d cleaned the lower track. Is this a picture of a different one? The upper sensors are likely just as dirty. 

You have to think of those sensor lens as a persons glasses. Any debris the dbv “sees” can affect its ability to accept bills.  Also, gunk built up on the rollers only makes things worse. 

You can use your fingernail to chip the grime off of the rollers - no liquids!  But you can't replace parts on it so just send it off for repair.  Duh.

Edited by AZVendor

Ok thank you... I did clean it. This problem is knew to me. I will clean it again and I'll do a better job and replace the parts if need. Thank you for your help. 

The lower track works in conjunction with sensors in the upper track.  Make sure to clean both.  The upper track does not come out like the lower track does.  Use something like alcohol that will evaporate without leaving a residue behind.   You'll also want to check to see if you're belts are excessively slick and/or dirty.

• 2 weeks later...