Your Brand?

caserri

What brand machine do you use the most.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What brand machine do you use the most.

• Oak
    • Seaga
    • Northwestern
    • Beaver
    • XYZ
    • Amerivend
    • Other
    • SuperPro
    • 1-800 Vending
    • NAV
    • Lypc

XYZ vending machines look very good. You will not have any problems at all. I have XYZ machines getting 20 vends a day, very good ware on the machine, and I have had NO problems. I get comments on HOW GOOD thay look in every place there at. I have no clue what you mean by "cheap" because there not! Thay will be fine, and you will love how easy thay are to service! Thay are the best looking machines I have ever used.

Kyle Guth - Guth Vending - Sparta TN.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose 1-800-vending's machines. Maybe I was sold on thier whole pitch but I did my due dilligence and found what they said to make sense (plastic where plastic is best and metal where metal is best). I did actually fly out to Utah to meet them face to face (a small "investment in my investment") and they had a bunch of machines lined up to compare. I met the owners for a brief moment and had face to face negotiations with my representative.

I ordered 82 and have had just a couple of parts with manufacturing defects (I am a perfectionist). The machines and parts have a lifetime warranty. =) The machines are a bit on the higher price range but I truly think they are worth it. I am new to this, though, so we'll see . . .

- Mile High Vending

Welcome to the forum MileHigh!

Your participation here is very much appreciated.

You have certainly done your due diligence in your investigations of 1800 vending! I hope that you will post often about your experiences with them as you move forward. I am not a huge fan of them as a company. They strike me as a "biz-op" that preys on novice operators. I don't like the fact that I can't buy just one machine from them. Is that still the case? Aside from that, what little experience I've had with their machines seems to be positive. They do make a quality machine with an excellent warranty. 

I look forward to more posts from you regarding 1800 vending!

Steve 

Really? I looked on thier site and could not find the same machine. They have something very similar (the one with the removable canisters) that looks like it is going to be offered starting September.

Thanks for the heads up.

It looks like XYZ keeps thier cost down by limiting the options (only two stand colors). I wouldn't get a chrome stand as you know what happens to chrome with fingerprints.

I like the "biz-opp" backing for now since I am just starting. It works for me. Of course, everybody likes paying as little as possible!

- Mile High Vending

How much is the shipping on those? Mine is included. =) They seem to be excellent machines. I love how I can break one down in just a few minutes. Not that I ever need to break one down but I like to see how things work. LOL. I love the cannister method vs. bringing bags of candy into the store!

Sam's machines are one of the best brands. Thay sell Northwestern. The best BV you can get! I here Seagas are crap, wait I know there crap...ha ha. Sorry Steve you knew that was coming! 

I would like to support your view dude. My friend had a bitter experiece with them. And as far as my experience Sams can be trusted. They are genuine.

I am just starting out and am located in Canada.  So far I have 3 used Beaver double heads.  I know that they are a bit on the pricey side, but they are the only ones that I am aware of that are made in Canada.  By the time I would factor in shipping and customs (and exchange if the dollar goes down) I don't see that much of a difference for myself.

New to this Forum ..... I used to have a few Oak machines twelve years or so ago... Excellent Machines!! Now I really like the 1800 machines. I only buy from people trying to unload them (I would never pay full price for them.) Excellent Machines too!

Me and my wife decided to buy a few machines and give it a go. We'll See. Nice Forum!

• 1 month later...

Rob,

I thought you knew howI felt about Seaga's.  About 80% of my fleet are Seaga's. I believe they are the best for the money. I get singles with a stand for $73. Doubles with a stand for $125.

Does that price include shipping?

How long have you had them out in the field?

Dont look now Kyle but Seaga's are in the lead!

That only shows that they have a good marketing department. 

I can get an oak vista 300 for the same price you can get a seaga.   I believe that once people accumulate any experience and run seaga's side-by-side with oaks or Northwesterns, their idea of a 'good' machine might shift.

Darryl

Yes shipping is included in this price.

All the Seaga's I have out now are at least 2 years on location.

I can get an oak vista 300 for the same price you can get a seaga.   I believe that once people accumulate any experience and run seaga's side-by-side with oaks or Northwesterns, their idea of a 'good' machine might shift.

I disagree with you there. I feel I have accumulated sufficient experience and I have run both side by side. I am not pleased at all with the Oak machines. I am currently looking at the A&A product line. Do you have any input on the A&A's

I'm a newbie and playing with the different machines, so far amerivend, xyz and seaga. I really liked the amerivend, though it's a triple head, yes Steve, I read what you said about triple heads after I bought it, but I still like it and being a newbie, it fit what I did! I put the double head seaga's together today and next to the double head xyz's, they look better, have better inside materials and much better locks.

Marcie

Yes shipping is included in this price.

All the Seaga's I have out now are at least 2 years on location.

I disagree with you there. I feel I have accumulated sufficient experience and I have run both side by side. I am not pleased at all with the Oak machines. I am currently looking at the A&A product line. Do you have any input on the A&A's

You can't just leave that hanging there!  What do you dislike about the Oaks?

I know I posted it here somewhere but I will elaborate here.

Their machines came to me "unfinished" None of the seams were filed. There was a lot of flash left on the lid and on the body. The paint had runs and the mechs were "crunchy" I don't know how else to explain it other than "crunchy" When you put a quarter in and turn its very sloppy. It feels like there are metal shavings or something in there. I would say also that the mechs jam more often than they should. With the exception of a random bent coin, my Seagas do not jam.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are fine machines and I probably just got a bad batch but the experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. I have called Oak and am in the process of a return. I have never had this problem with any of my Seaga's I do however want to upgrade my fleet to an even higher quality machine so the search continues.

Steve

I know I posted it here somewhere but I will elaborate here.

Their machines came to me "unfinished" None of the seams were filed. There was a lot of flash left on the lid and on the body. The paint had runs and the mechs were "crunchy" I don't know how else to explain it other than "crunchy" When you put a quarter in and turn its very sloppy. It feels like there are metal shavings or something in there. I would say also that the mechs jam more often than they should. With the exception of a random bent coin, my Seagas do not jam.  

Steve

Wow.  I would have to say that your experience is outside of the norm.  Of all the ones that I have purchased, I've never had a problem with the mechs. 

I had purchased a Millenium before because I was in a bind.  I had one too many locations, and not enough machines.  So I bought a Seaga for cheap from a local guy, to put it in and to give me some time to buy a new oak to put in it's place.  I decided to leave it there for awhile.  After about 4 months, the handle came off of the mech, and wouldn't dispense any candy.

Yea, Like I said, I'm sure they are fine machines as I have heard lots of good things about them. My biggest competitor in the area uses them exclusively so I thought I would give them a shot. They are making the deal right but I will have to take a pass on any future purchases from them.

As for the Seaga's, I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. I am not saying that they are the best machine out there. I use a lot of them and they are great quality machines for the money. I bulked up on the millenias when I was on a budget and they have served their purpose but now I want to upgrade the fleet to an even higher quality machine. I was looking for something like the Oak but now I will have to try something else.

I am currently looking at the PM Supreme from A&A. See pic below.

Any thoughts?

Steve

caserri wrote:

I am currently looking at the PM Supreme from A&A. See pic below.

Any thoughts?

Steve 

Historically, the PO's have been cheaper-quality knock-off's of the Vista's.  From what I can tell, they are no cheaper than the original vista's to buy, so I don't know if there is any benefit.

Historically, the PO's have been cheaper-quality knock-off's of the Vista's.  From what I can tell, they are no cheaper than the original vista's to buy, so I don't know if there is any benefit.

Noted, Thank you!

Steve

Steve, and the rest of the vending family

I looked on SAMS on line store and found the Seagas Mill. with a stand but they are selling for $87.72 (shipping included)

How can I locate your $73 price?

Is anyone buying SEAGA machines and using a cheaper off brand stand?

Is this even possible?

Has anyone from  Southern California found a supplier of machines in our area?

Berto,

If you want to buy Seaga, buy your machine from Sam's for $46.44 shipped and get your stand from Amerivend for $27.00 shipped. =$73.44.

If your interested in double heads, get 2 machines and a double bracket from Sam's for $99.10 and $27.00 Amerivend stand for a total of $126.10.

Steve

Archived