Your Brand?

caserri

What brand machine do you use the most.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What brand machine do you use the most.

• Oak
    • Seaga
    • Northwestern
    • Beaver
    • XYZ
    • Amerivend
    • Other
    • SuperPro
    • 1-800 Vending
    • NAV
    • Lypc

Berto,

If you want to buy Seaga, buy your machine from Sam's for $46.44 shipped and get your stand from Amerivend for $27.00 shipped. =$73.44.

Steve

If you are going to buy a stand from Amerivend, you can also just buy one of their machines for $45.  It comes with free shipping.  Total cost for machine and stand with shipping: $72.  And it's one-stop shopping.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berto,

If you want to buy Seaga, buy your machine from Sam's for $46.44 shipped and get your stand from Amerivend for $27.00 shipped. =$73.44.

Steve

If you are going to buy a stand from Amerivend, you can also just buy one of their machines for $45.  It comes with free shipping.  Total cost for machine and stand with shipping: $72.  And it's one-stop shopping.

Thats an option as well however the Seaga is far superior to the Amerivend machine. <==My opinion. The Amerivend is just not worth the $1.44 savings.

Steve

Berto,

Steve

Thats an option as well however the Seaga is far superior to the Amerivend machine. <==My opinion. The Amerivend is just not worth the $1.44 savings.

Steve

So far as I'm concerned, neither seaga nor amerivend are that good.  But we were talking about where to get machines for the least amount of cash.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a riot I can't believe Seagas are even mentioned..looks like Lindel brainwashed a few.

Been doing this 15 years and all the pros know the top machines are NW,A&A,BEAVER AND OAKS.

NW is easily the best machine for the money.Beavers are also a great machine but expensive.

Oaks are also good for the single gumball guy.And A&A are ok some like some don't.

The many bulk vendors that I know don't mention any other manufactures then those.That is charity and rack operators.

I didn't realize that anybody who has any experience even with a small quantity of machines actually uses Seagas or any of the other biz op machines.

Fred

Fred,

You sound just like me when I speak of Vendstars and all other triple vend machines. However I Just can't agree with you on the Seagas.

I didn't realize that anybody who has any experience even with a small quantity of machines actually uses Seagas or any of the other biz op machines.

Anyone with experience would hopefully not fall for biz-ops, but those with experience should also be able to see past the negative BB stigma and realize the true quality of the Seaga Millenia.

Again, I'm not saying that the Seaga is the be-all, end-all machine. You have certainly named some higher quality machines in Beaver and NW. However the Seaga does not deserve to be placed below A&A and Oak.

This is my opinion, I'm not trying to change your mind.

Steve

Hey Fred, (Vendamania)

This statement makes me even more happy that you have joined this forum.

"I didn't realize that anybody who has any experience even with a small quantity of machines actually uses Seagas or any of the other biz op machines."

I really don't think it is that important what brand of machine you work with. It's like buying a car. The one you buy is your favorate for many reasons and I don't think my customers care what brand of machine they put their quarters in. They are just happy that the candy is fresh, is not contaminated from rust, is clean and is serviced regularly.

Why am I glad you are here? Because you can see that even people with experience will buy the brand that they like. Each person researched and checked out many machines and companies before they make their final investment.

Even with 15+ years of experience  you learn something new each day.

P.S. I use 1800 machines, Southern Beavers & Pro-vend machines.

Gary

This is a riot I can't believe Seagas are even mentioned..looks like Lindel brainwashed a few.

Been doing this 15 years and all the pros know the top machines are NW,A&A,BEAVER AND OAKS.

Fred

Hello Fred and welcome to the forum.  I won't pretend that I have more than a fraction of your experience, but since we do seem to have a plurality of operators on the board using Seagas, and quite a few very experienced members, are you suggesting that the folks here aren't pros?  The only person on the board we've had speak out against Seagas has been in vending for about 6 months.  Perhaps if you have had personal experience over the years with the pros and cons of a Seaga, we could all benefit from a dispassionate review in the review section.  I would certainly be interested in hearing about your experience, as I am on a 10/mo avg plan to expand using Seaga Millenias, but ultimately my concern is of course for my bottom line.

Thanks and welcome again,

-Lucero

Hey Fred, (Vendamania)

This statement makes me even more happy that you have joined this forum.

"I didn't realize that anybody who has any experience even with a small quantity of machines actually uses Seagas or any of the other biz op machines."

Thanks for pointing out my statement and I am glad you are happy that I joined.

Anyways my point was that I know many very successful fulltime vendors and there are other forums also where nobody uses Seagas and they don't rank at all as the preferred machine

This is the very first time among 100's that I actually heard someone say they like them.Of course this excludes Lindel Creeds forum which I am sure he is here somewhere.

Seagas,Tpico,Silent Sales,Ashland,Vendstar,ect ect ect don't even rank with the 100's of vendors I know.

There are a lot of newbies that get taken by biz op machines and companies everyday so just because they do their research doesn't mean they make the right choice.

NW,OAK,A&A and Beaver are the machine of choice most professionals in the industry use.

They are the main stay of this business and if you ever go to the NBVA these are the suppliers you will see not the biz ops.

Why am I glad you are here? Because you can see that even people with experience will buy the brand that they like. Each person researched and checked out many machines and companies before they make their final investment.

Even with 15+ years of experience  you learn something new each day.

Again exactly why are you glad I am here and what did I just learn?

I am always learning and changing directions but I didn't learn anything from your post.

Lastly I don't care and it doesn't matter what machine you use.

Fred

Right on Fred.

Pushing Dentyne Ice machines and Seaga machines seems to be the deal on this forum.

Looks like the people at SuperPro has this group wrapped right around their finger!

John

John,

There are certainly a few very vocal enthusiastic folks about the DI machines, but plenty of skeptics as well.  The only reason there is a voice about Seaga here is because people attack the brand every now and then.  There isn't much 'pushing' of Seaga at all. Actually I'd say Beaver gets the most praise on the forum.

-Lucero

;)  I stopped talking so much about the Dentyne Ice simply because all of the skeptics on here.  Either you will get them, or not.  If vendors are perfectly happy with $10-$15/ month per head, that is fine by me.  Just to let you know, I'll take the $30 plus each month anyday......

gum_father wrote:

Right on Fred.

Pushing Dentyne Ice machines and Seaga machines seems to be the deal on this forum.

Looks like the people at SuperPro has this group wrapped right around their finger!

John

First of all, I don't think anyone here has been pushing anything. (except maybe you Pusherman!) I use Seaga machines and I have been vocal about that. I have never tried to change anyones mind about them. You either like them or you don't. Personally, I don't care if you do or you don't. It only seems to matter to those who dislike them anyway. There are better machines and there are worse. I never said they were the best because that is subjective. What I take offense to is the insinuation that "pro's" don't use the Seaga. That is an absurd comment and anyone who says that has plenty to learn about this industry. I don't care how many years you've been doing this or how many machines you have or how many vendors you know. If you've never heard of a "pro" using a Seaga, you must be living under a rock.

On to the Dentyne Ice. SuperPro is a sponsor here and they have been gracious enough to extend a discount to our membership. They are just the first in a list of manufacturers who are going to be showcased here. What would you say if it were Beaver or Oak? Would the forum then be wrapped around their finger? It was my intent when I started this forum to provide some sort of value for being a member. I didn't want it to be just another useless site that runs on auto-pilot and does not provide anything of value to those who participate. Crucify me for wanting that but I will not apologize.

You can think what you want about SuperPro and the Dentyne Ice but if the "know-it-alls" and the "holier than thou's" were to take a step away from doing only what they are comfortable doing and try adapting to changing times they just may see that there are alternate revenue streams available.

Steve

Say Amen to Steve. I tried to dance around what I really wanted to say but you got right to the point!

We just need to think about other people and the reasons that they buy the equipment they buy before we write something that attacks the personal business decisions they have made. This will probably make some people feel they can't write what they think. No, it's easy, just think before you write.

Gary

What I take offense to is the insinuation that "pro's" don't use the Seaga. That is an absurd comment and anyone who says that has plenty to learn about this industry. I don't care how many years you've been doing this or how many machines you have or how many vendors you know. If you've never heard of a "pro" using a Seaga, you must be living under a rock.

To be honest I never see Seagas around my area at all.Never heard of one single vendor who actually use them fulltime.

Steve don't take offense but you must be living under a rock if you don't know that most fulltimers use the 4 manufactures that I listed.

Have you ever been to the NBVA? If not you should, you will learn a lot and if you talk to every single vendor who walks the floor you will probably not find one who uses Seagas.

But to each is his own just stating the facts since you know so much and I live under a rock.

I am sure all these Seaga buyers came from the famous Lindel Creeds board.

You are truely the first person that I have heard of that actually uses them.Like I said they just aren't the machine of choice by most professionals.You can not like that statement neither but it is the truth.

Fred

I hear you John......

Spears tried on the yahoo boards also...gave out free machines and product .

After giving him a hard time members gave him a chance and tried his product with not so good results.

I am sure it may work one out of hundred but for the most part after trying it they had no more interest.

Don't attack the messenger now guys these were fulltime charity machine operators not myself.

Fred

Fred,

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. We obviously see our industry from two completely different sides. I see and know of just as many full time Seaga operators as I do any other manufacturer. In fact, I have both heard of, and experienced first hand more mechanical problems from companies other than Seaga.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however I do not appreciate, nor will I tolerate you or anyone else coming here and belittling other operators for their choice of machine and insinuating that they are less than professional for using a certain machine. It is fine if you want to state your own opinion and I even welcome a well thought out written review of the Seaga machine from you but somehow  I don't think we will see one because you have probably never even had one. You strike me as someone who is easily swayed by the negative BS that is perpetuated on other boards. You have a very narrow view of this industry and you are afraid to try new things. If you and those like you choose to close your mind to new products and/or manufacturers that you've never even tried, you will never be successful in todays bulk vending world. Status quo is no longer acceptable. Those younger and smarter than you who have the desire to seek out the best possible scenarios to earn revenue in this business will soon be knocking on your door and pushing you out of your best locations.

That said, I do hope that you continue down your narrow path. Drink your Kool-Aid and follow the herd over at the NBVA. That way it will be that much easier for folks like me to continue to excel.

As for the NBVA, Yes I have been to one of their conventions. I was not impressed at all and will not attend another. I will not go into the details here because I do not want to deter anyone else from attending if they wish. There was some good information presented but it was not worth the trip.

I think I'm done.

Steve

Archived