Your Brand?

caserri

What brand machine do you use the most.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What brand machine do you use the most.

• Oak
    • Seaga
    • Northwestern
    • Beaver
    • XYZ
    • Amerivend
    • Other
    • SuperPro
    • 1-800 Vending
    • NAV
    • Lypc

You really don'y know what you are talking about.

This is obviously a biz op forum with a lot of newbies who are easily swayed.

I don't follow anyone and I myself won't be going to the NBVA.Since you know so much and know so little about me I will tell you what I do.

I started 15 years ago doing charity and almost got ripped off  by a biz op got my money back.

I have tried just about everything and owned just about every machine so narrow mind is not close to who I am.I do Atm's,Jukeboxes,Megatouchs,Video,Cranes,Stackers,Bulk including racks,stickers,spirals,kinectics,interactive gumball machines and more.Not trying to impress anyone just a little discription.

So I am done also and will let you be.

Fred

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so very unimpressed with you Fred. You remind me of the jackas*ses on the Yahoo vending site.  I am very new to this business.  Coming off the way you have on here?  You're the last person I would ever seek out for adice.  If you are leaving this forum?  Dont let the door hit you in your *ss on the way out.................

I am so very unimpressed with you Fred. You remind me of the jackas*ses on the Yahoo vending site.  I am very new to this business.  Coming off the way you have on here?  You're the last person I would ever seek out for adice.  If you are leaving this forum?  Dont let the door hit you in your *ss on the way out.................

I have to agree with what you say johnny, it does seem we are  on the yahoo vending site the way this guy is attacking anyone that doesn`t agree with him.

it seemed the argument was over then it starts back up.

I am new to this as well,been doing bulk vending for less then  a year,and I love it.I will use any machine that I think is apropriate for the location.be it a u-turn,saega or a beaver.It is a shame that a vendor with 15 years of experiance isn`t a little more open minded to the choices of machines available.I very much agree with WESTCOAST VEND WHEN HE SAYS:I really don't think it is that important what brand of machine you work with. It's like buying a car. The one you buy is your favorate for many reasons and I don't think my customers care what brand of machine they put their quarters in. They are just happy that the candy is fresh, is not contaminated from rust, is clean and is serviced regularly.

IT IS CHILDISH TO ATTACK ANYONE FOR HIS choice of equipment and I hope Fred realizes this and actually starts to help and give advice to others rather then attack them.

how many juke boxes,video games and megatouches do you have Fred?I also deal with them and dartboards too.what brand jukebox is your fav?what is your hottest location for a megatouch?do you have a big buck hunter pro video game by chance and if so how does it do?

lets resolve our differance of opinions and concentrate on whats selling well right now and makeing money.(my favorite,I`m in love with the stuff)

In response to Vendamania/Fred's comments:

Although I will not get caught-up in a back-and-forth negative exchange, I do feel compelled to address the comments about the Yahoo board that Spears (an employee with SuperPro) was involved in.  SuperPro was basically tried and convicted as a fly-by-night Biz Op within minutes of the first post. The shear scope and magnitude of the negativity and abrasiveness was surprising, to say the least.  I would hope that Fred would agree that Dentyne Ice wasn't really given a fair opportunity to be successful on that forum (although some did order and have since re-ordered and are seeing good results).  I just truly believe the pessimists were determined not to be wrong...

As everyone knows (at least on this forum), Dentyne Ice (and soon Certs) is not a Biz. Op proposition.  You can purchase the machine if you like. You can purchase just the gum or mints if you like and sell through other machines (which several on this board have done) .  You can purchase the head and use your stand. You can do absolutely nothing. The choice is yours. And depending on purchase quantity, the vend cost can drop to the .06 range, possibly lower for Certs -- not bad for a high quality, premium branded product that has proven itself in over 2,000 locations to-date, with average revenue at 3.5X to 5X the national average of a single product machine. I think most would agree - these are not Biz Op numbers.  

I too am an Operator (6 years/50 locations) and appreciate the open-minded approach that members of this forum have had with respect to new products.  And unlike some (not all) from the other board, most have invested a little time to understand the incremental revenue opportunity this product presents and have given it a fair chance, with most reporting impressive results.  

As always, I invite all questions and comments - good or bad.  I'll let others on this forum that have the product post their findings and comments, based on their personal experiences - good or bad. 

Happy Holidays to all.

Steve,  spvg

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Seems like you are the jack golpher here giving personal attacks.

Again I wasn't trying to impress anyone so your remarks don't apply.It was implied that I am narrow minded well figured I explain all the different machines I use to show how narrow minded I was.

I see Seaga's and DI are a very sensitive subject here.If I said Ashland was not the machine of choice nobody would of said anything.

I don't care what anyone uses just saying besides this forum the rest of the country's choice of machine is not what the polls here suggest.

You guys have really blown this out of proportion.

Fred

We may have gotten a rough start.  For the record, this forum does not tolorate any sort of brand bashing, unless you personally have the machines on your route, and then only facts should be given.  As you can see, members will swarm you like flies on sh!t when they believe any form of bashing is taking place.

I do not have any experience with Seagas, but many full time, as well as part timers use them here, and for the most part, for the money, these machines have served their purpose well.   After all, as long as the machine is making money and is mechanically sound, who cares what brand it is, I know customers don't care, as long as they get what they want.

I do have experience with the DI and I would be one of the first to tell you that this is not a biz op scheme.  The DI might not work in every location, but, like I have said a hundred times, if you market these machines to the right people, in the right locations, you will, without a shadow of any doubt out perform any other single, double,  and at least in my experience  triple head that you have.  As  polecat stated in a previous post, the  cost of a bag of gum is  higher than most would consider "reasonable", but break down the cost per vend,  and you realize that it is actually cheaper than many vendible products out on the market today.  I'm not going to lie, I have triples, and dentyne Ice machines.  My triples do good in the locations they are in, but my Dentyne Ice machines is what is my actual motivation to keep my business growing.   I have had so much faith in these machines, that I placed an additional moderate order for more, and am planning on getting certs early in 2008.  You can not deny a single head bringing in $30, $40 and even close to $50 in a one month timeframe as not being successful.  Many vendors would die for these numbers, and I am pleased to announce that this is not wishful dreaming, as I have seen these numbers, and personally know what these machines can do.

And one more thing.  About the professionalism of this forum, we have individuals who is considering to purchase machines, to full time operators with hundreds of machines on location all congregating for one purpose......and that is to learn, and to trade ideas.  It is safe to say that each individual, regardless of the size of his route are true professionals, who's sole purpose is to gain knowledge and profits.  We might not have 15 years in, and have hundreds of machines, but true professionalism comes from the way we act, not from what we have.

Just for the record I didn't attack anyone here....

Whatever works for you ......machine or product.Different strokes for different folks.

Fred

I apologize for my insensitive remarks Fred.  That wasn't called for.  I am a little sensitive to this site I guess because it has helped me alot in getting my business started.

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Seems like you are the jack golpher here giving personal attacks.

Again I wasn't trying to impress anyone so your remarks don't apply.It was implied that I am narrow minded well figured I explain all the different machines I use to show how narrow minded I was.

I see Seaga's and DI are a very sensitive subject here.If I said Ashland was not the machine of choice nobody would of said anything.

I don't care what anyone uses just saying besides this forum the rest of the country's choice of machine is not what the polls here suggest.

You guys have really blown this out of proportion.

Fred

Fred,

It's clear that you're not meshing with anyone in the community here, and that's been clear for a bit.  Not that I really mind if you stay or go.  So are you intending to stay and contribute?  If so, why do you continue in this negative dialogue?  Do you intend to go?  If so, same question.

-Lucero

Let's start all over again, PLEASE!

Welcome to the VENDiscuss.com forum, Fred. I am happy that you are here and need some good advice from someone with your expertise in the vending business. From your earlier post, it sounds like you have tried just about every machine out there and have a great variety of machines on-site now.

Could everyone please welcome Fred to the forums.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy New Year to all.

Gary

It's clear that you're not meshing with anyone in the community here, and that's been clear for a bit.  Not that I really mind if you stay or go.  So are you intending to stay and contribute?  If so, why do you continue in this negative dialogue?  Do you intend to go?  If so, same question.

-Lucero

I mesh with plenty here don't worry.The only reason the negative dialogue continued is I had to defend myself.

For you I will keep it positive if you share the girls in your photo.:cool:

And thanks for the welcomes.I like the formats of this website .I don't do any charity myself ,started that way just not for me.

Fred

how many juke boxes,video games and megatouches do you have Fred?I also deal with them and dartboards too.what brand jukebox is your fav?what is your hottest location for a megatouch?do you have a big buck hunter pro video game by chance and if so how does it do?

Sorry I didn't get a chance...I like the Rowes myself because I have Betson's support and they install them for me.

Best locations for megatouchs are obviously bars,my best is a 24 diner/bar.

I have some buck hunters they can do good but expensive.

Fred

Welcome to the forum Fred.

Maybe my posts to you were a bit harsh. I apologize. You are right, I do not know you or your business. I just tend to get a bit defensive when someone says negative things about Seaga, this forum, or anyone who is just starting their vending business. Different opinions are great and that is the lifeblood of this forum.

If we may start over I would appreciate your input on the boards. Your experience can help many new operators achieve their own goals.

Steve

BTW - No one can ever say that you did not receive a proper initiation! :D Maybe we should put all new members through the same ringer.

Thanks Fred. When I take the kids bowling, I look at all the machines they have and just wish I could be there with my machines. People are consistantly dropping money into those machines. Are the bowling alley's, you have, privately owned? I would love to try cranes someday. First I have to find a location for placement.

I am orginally from Long Island, NY. I now live in San Diego, CA.

Gary

All:

By request I have added a couple more manufacturers. Please adjust your votes accordingly if you originally chose "Other". I eventually want to eliminate the "Other" category all together so if you still do not see your brand let me know.

Steve

• 4 months later...

Starting out with 10 Superpro DI Machines

Wonder what happened to Old Sarge?

This is what is in his profile:

Mon Jan 28th, 2008

Lets hope he is just way busy collecting quarters! :D

Steve

• 3 months later...

Well I had to choose "Other" as most of ours are Ultravend followed by Vendstar, NW then Oak. The large # of Ultravend and Vendstars were not our choice as they came with routes we bought up and we are slowly phasing them out while we fine tune our routes. NW and Oak will be our staple in that order.

Archived