Giving KickStart a shot

Paraflier

OK Just placed an offline order with KS for a Gold Triple Head location. I had emailed him earlier about a special request I had in regards to the area I want located.

There is a long stretch of N/S near my house, with multiple strip malls, bars, restaurants, etc. We shall see what happens. I have high hopes.

Rob-If you read this--

Couldn't process my order online. I checked everything on my end, and it is all in order. Any idea why that might have happened?

Have a good day all

Your Credit Card Number 4873-3838-2822-3888 , expiration date 04/12 could not be processed.  Just kidding, made up number ;p

We are not even allowed to view the Credit Card #'s on our end.  All 100% secure.  

Our end claimed an AVS mismatch which means the address didn't match.  So we just removed the address portion and processed again. 

I just sent you an email verifying the order has now been processed.  No problem at all!

You will be on our new system as well.  Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

That makes two of us!  ;D and what you said, is exactly what I was thinking....

Better than my reaction...

I was already taking down the number to start my Holiday Shopping!

J/K ---  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reading that fake credit card posts gave me the biggest laugh I've had in a while.  :D

Got my KickStart Account today. Exciting times. :)

Rob Changed his site.... Now it says locations will be emailed to you when they are found....

I think it USED to say, "Locations by Saturday. GUARENTEED. Or we give you 10 free ones!"

Well... Maybe not EXACTLY that...but it was close. :)

I placed my first ever location order with kickstart yesterday(Sunday) for a single gold location(restaurant and bars only option). Got my email today that my location is in, an Applebee's restaurant. One day is very good. I am very excited. Only one concern for me, the order confirmation with contact info. and drop off time stated that the manager approved a candy machine in the restaurant and had a preference of m&m's. My machine is a NW60 and  have it set up ready to go to vend Polarmint Gum. What should I do? I am waiting to hear back from Rob about this. Should I show up at the location with my gum setup and hope the manager doesn't care or should I switch my machine over to m&m's before I head in? I want this location so I don't want to mess it up, but I had only planned on vending gum and mints. Also, do any of you have a chain restaurant like Applebee's and if so do they let you place the machine in the front with the customers or in the back with the employee's? If it's in the back I might want it to be m&m's because I have read on here that some businesses don't like their employee's chewing gum on the job. What do you all think? Thanks, Jim

By the way- I am very pleased with the speed and quality of this location by kickstart although I'm not in the door yet.     

I put my Gold order in on Tuesday the 17th. I was in contact with Joel at KickStart, and was told I wouldn't be receiving my location until sometime after Thanksgiving. :(

Different areas, I suppose. Plus, I can see how my order might be weird and more time consuming.

I would certainly give them what they were asking for, jb. It's all about the service.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I paid for six "toy" locations.

I got six apartment complexes.

When I questioned this, Rob informed me that he has apartment complexes that do well with toy machines because of the kids that live there.

Because of his reputation and his great customer service, I'll place the machines at the apartment complexes and see how they do.

Personally though, I'm still surprised 6-out-6 apartments...no family restaurants, theaters, party supply stores, indoor party playgrounds, children's clothing resale boutiques, pediatrics clinics, childrens clothing/toy stores, or any other of the number of children oriented business found in the four zip codes I had them target.

There are lots of kids at apartments. I got an apartment from kickstart the first three weeks it did $21.75. Then the two pulls since have been just under $5.00  LOL due to thanksgiving and just the fact that school has started. I think I am putting in some of my zoo or sea mania toys this may keep them coming back to collect all of them even though it is cold out. They have to walk to get to the office area I have the shootin hoops in.