you know what I would like to see in this part of the forum?

JPVendCo.

I would like to see hard numbers. I was reading a post by alysamama, and it had a breakdown of performance of the locations by various locators.  To me, numbers ( money ) talks. I would like to see what kind of performance you are getting. I will do the same as i get some collections in. 

Why would would you want to advertise your numbers to your competition?  There are way too many lurkers and competitors on this site to do that, not to mention the possibility of the IRS or other government agencies that could be snooping.

I probably give away too much info myself sometimes, but I draw the line with actual numbers.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Jax

LOL, if anyone thinks the IRS snoops this forum to look for tax cheats...well, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Ditto for competitors. I am in NE Ohio. What could a competitor possibly figure out that could hurt me?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Kevin

maybe go around and place machines at your best locations.....thats gonna happen anyway. besides i didn't ask for a spreadsheet with the name and address of your locations, with the amount each makes. I just wanna know which locator is making the best average, and were I stand on said locators average.

I think it's a decent idea. Judging, rating and reviewing the locators in the review section only tells one side of a multi-faceted business proposition. It's one thing to say "Oh, Joe Locator got me 20 locations in one week!" A gleaming recommendation. What we don't know is that they all make $1.50 a month.

Or,

"Jack Locator took a whole month to get me 1 location."  A negative review or would it change our minds if we knew the location does $70 a month?

Most of the time your average review focuses on how long the locator took, or how well they communicate. Both very important things but I too would like to know which one secures the best performing locations. When I was using locators, I never cared about how long a locator took to find a location (heck, I'm still waiting for a location I ordered in 2007  :o Negative review in the review section.) I only cared if they made money.

I think that if we as a communty can establish a running average for each of the most popular locators on the board, it would be most beneficial.

As for privacy issues, they are understood. I don't think anyone is looking for a competitors list of locations. Just another way to rate the performance of our locators.

Well so far I am the only one to do JP's idea.

I'm just now getting my first locations from a locator (KS).

I will be happy to share some numbers as soon as I get them.

But obviously, those are a few weeks away since the machines are just now going in.

i will be posting up some numbers as they come in right now I only got one to report.

its a KS location and its the DREADED apt complex!....$32

I will add as i get them some collected.

What machine do you have in that complex JP?

"Dreaded" is not a word that immediately comes to mind when I read your $32 average.

Sounds like a decent location.

Poplady, what is your source for this claim? Also, for what possible purpose would the IRS look at this? Can you give me an example of what the IRS would get from looking at this?

If I claimed x amount of dollars to them and claimed more to you guys here would this help them build a case against you?or if there already was a case wouldnt this help them go against someone?

Antonio, no. First, whatever you say here on a board is meaningless. Second, I don't think anyone here has ever reported yearly income. If I say KS averages $20/mo for me, that doesn't say how many machines I have (that KS placed), so there is no way to tell what my real income is.

More importantly, these numbers are *gross*. What you pay taxes on is *net*. I can easily say I made $100K in vending. But if I spent $80K to do it, I only pay taxes on $20K.

I guess someone from the IRS could troll through hundreds if not thousands of posts to find that single vendor who told everyone here not only his yearly gross, but his yearly expenses and audit them. For the record, I've never seen anyone give that info.

Or...the IRS could use an expert system to analyze the returns and audit a certain % based on certain criteria.

If an IRS agent was to monitor a forum, it wouldn't be one where members deal in quarters. It would be an IPO forum or something like that. But the reality is that they do what I said above - analyze returns and randomly audit. You will be much more efficient that way :)

Kevin

Well if I said that Bob the Locator got me some great PIzza joints doing $50 per month.  It's not that unreasonable to assume my competitors would also call Bob the Locator and ask for some Pizza joints as well.  In fact, Bob (or his telemarketers) may even resell my locations to make a quick buck.  This board has a very large membership list and you would be surprised who is listening!  I used to lurk on a borad on Yahoo called BVC and one of the main posters was a large gumball vendor from Orlando.  I actually ran into him once at a location and told him I was "listening".  I think it surprised him a bit.  He eventually shut down the board and deleted all the postings!  Now the tables are turned.  But we have different models and we do our own thing.

Jax

P,S, I miss the Casey battles from BVC - they were classic and a good source of entertainment when I was on the road a lot!

Jax, what you say isn't unreasonable...but I would think unlikely. Plus, who cares if they do? So long as they aren't taking your locs...but that is your point about reselling the locs for a quick buck :)

Still, I would let history speak for itself. Many here have been vocal about the places they have gotten. Apartments, chain restaurants, etc. Has anyone on this board had another machine pop up after announcing the loc here?

Kevin

I didn't mean to start a big debate. As i said, money talks BS walks. anyone who doesn't want to post up, don't! I haven't talked about specifics of my locations, and I tell you what, new machines pop up everytime I  make rounds. those same machines disappear after a few months, or they end up empty, and abandoned, even at good locs.

Archived