My Dollar Tree from Rob

Paraflier

OK. So I decide to give Rob a shot. Everyone says he's good guy and I was inclined to believe it.

Got the location. A Dollar Tree right on my way home from my 9-5.

The wife dropped it off on Tuesday (7 days ago) with the manager's blessing amid salivating employees and customers.

I was servicing my other route today, and thought, 'What the heck.' It's only been a week, but curiosity got the best of me and I went and checked it out.

$10.10 in seven days. (Someone wanted to be funny and put a dime in. Ha ha, sucker. I get your dime, and you get NOTHING!)

I know it is a new location. and once the novelty of a triple head wears off for the employees, it might taper off.... But still.....

So far so good!

• 3 weeks later...

OK... Just wanted to give an update on my Dollar Tree from Rob.

12/23. I need some stocking stuffers. So I figure I'll get them cheap at the Dollar Tree.

When I look at the levels, they seem WAY down. I just serviced it on the 8th. Great, I think. Someone can jackpot my 1800.  So the whole time I am in line and paying I am irritated.

I pay for my items, and head over to the machine. I open up the back, and realize I have to go back through the line and buy a box of Ziplock bags. That bugger had another $27.80 in it from 15 days. SWEET! :)

Thanks, Rob!

Your machine results from this location may not be great...but I buy thousands of dollars worth merchandise from these type of locations which we haul back to Costa Rica in our luggage and pack into capsules. You must be selective in what you purchase. Remember, we have our empty capsules(by the 100,000's of thousands) shipped by ocean freight and pack them locally. Shipping filled capsules is neither space nor customs tariff effective. Most of these dollar type stores also have a wholesale division that you can order from and they will deliver your order to your local store with little or no freight. I take a look inside the store and choose the items I think fit into our pricepoint/capsules, call the wholesale division and get my price for case/pallet quantities. I then have my pallets of merchandise shipped to our warehouse in Florida. BTW, Rhode Island Novelty also sells bulk novelties that are priced exceptionally well. They are not vending suppliers but those who pack their own capsules will find them extremely to benefit.

Ooops! I digress. Hope the rest of the post was informing. I've been out of touch with the real world so long, sometimes I am a little slow. Let me see...$55.00/ 30 days = $1.83/day for this location. I think I could smile when I entered that into my accounting program.

Go BUCKS!!!!

I recently herd an ad for Dollar Tree franchises on XM.  The thought actually ran though my head of buying into the franchise just so I could get some machines in there.

But somehow I think this might be overkill.

I recently herd an ad for Dollar Tree franchises on XM.  The thought actually ran though my head of buying into the franchise just so I could get some machines in there.

But somehow I think this might be overkill.

Might be overkill?? :) Wow. Opening a retail outlet so you can have a location. I like it! Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

You can not put laundry items in the same machine as snacks

how come?not that I intend too but do you think that the spring fresh smelling powdery substance that says tide on it might be confused for a kit kat?

If I ever do anything like this I am pretty sure I`ll go all out and do everything correctly,once I have 100k or more to do this ;D

It has to do with mixing chemicals with food items, even when packaged. Even in my days as a bag boy at the local grocer many blue moons ago we were explicitly taught not to mix household chemicals with food items. I don't know about it being a "law" but I would be pretty confident your local health dept has it covered under food handling guidelines.

I think if it's a sealed package and maybe you keep it on a bottom shelf or top shelf separated from food packages it would be safe enough. You have to think about your own feeling about mixing non-foods with enable products and how it will be perceived by your customers. You have to make sure the smell of soap products doesn't get into the candy, etc. Most importantly, you should have non edible packages labeled, in large text, NOT EDIBLE.

Gary

OK. So I decide to give Rob a shot. Everyone says he's good guy and I was inclined to believe it.

Got the location. A Dollar Tree right on my way home from my 9-5.

The wife dropped it off on Tuesday (7 days ago) with the manager's blessing amid salivating employees and customers.

I was servicing my other route today, and thought, 'What the heck.' It's only been a week, but curiosity got the best of me and I went and checked it out.

$10.10 in seven days. (Someone wanted to be funny and put a dime in. Ha ha, sucker. I get your dime, and you get NOTHING!)

I know it is a new location. and once the novelty of a triple head wears off for the employees, it might taper off.... But still.....

So far so good!

Aswome im glad that your tree is doing well.  You may want to upgrade to a rack and do a comm. account there because Dollar Tree does have a nation wide vending program.  It will increase your sales and help you keep the location much longer.