Ordered My First Locator with KickStart.

chada75

Hey Mainor, maybe OPV didn't take those members expressing frustration at "the time it takes to get locations" seriously because of your post (which OPV quoted) poking fun of those very same members as if their impatience was unjustified.

;DNow I'm doing the poking  ;D

All in good fun Mainor

The members I would consider unjustified are the ones complaining about it taking 2-4 weeks, I guess everyone has a different opinion on whats an exceptable time to receive locations.  I just don't understand it, if Toyota tells you in a commercial there car gets 40 MPG yet you research it and find post after post that contradicts that, but you still buy it and find out it only gets 32 MPG then you complain about it, you sound gotta (for lack of a better word) dumb.

And don't sweat it Sherlock I enjoy the ribbing. ;)

Of course if you bought a Toyota, gas mileage is the least of your concerns right now.  :o

Well, you all know I love the comments and criticism. 

My apologies on the location OPV.

We're going to take care of that for you.

I actually find it fun to come on here and read the comments and respond.

It's the best market research anyone could ever conduct. 

Of course we also do a ton of surveys and  polls.  If you're a client you know

we email a lot and sometimes ask for your input about our service.  It' not for

naught.  We do a lot to try and fix these issues. 

Time will tell.  Like Caserri states, there is no real competition.  What I think he

means is that no one has been able to pull out from the pack.  There is no

Phelps of locating, yet!! 

Regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the update.

My apologies that things have been slower than normal. 

Jeff, I'm going to check in on your account and see if we can't speed those up.

Chada, send me a message with your client id if you would.  I would love to check in and

make sure we get that out to you. 

Regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't hear from Rob, My ID is chada75.

Good luck Chada.

All I've gotten in the last month-and-a-half from KSL is ONE location...and that one didn't go through.

The cafe was expecting some counter-top donation jar or something, when what I'm delivering is a 3-column sticker/tattoo machine.

Other than that I haven't had squat from them.

My last REAL location from them was on 2/12.

All this waiting is tough to handle considering I gave KSL 8 (yes EIGHT) new zip codes to work with on March 4th.

To which Rob responded by saying he was going to get his staff right on it....3 wks later I've still got nothing.

It's not that my community is a hard sell because I self-locate with pretty good success by phone and in person around here.

Besides, I have another locator working for me by phone that's having success in this area too.

Chada,

I mean what is your Kick Start client ID?  Or if you send me your last name I'll check on it.

The same goes for you Sherlock.  My apologies about the speed.  We try and keep things even between our clients but sometimes it doesn't turn out that way.

Regards,

Rob

Chada,

I mean what is your Kick Start client ID?  Or if you send me your last name I'll check on it.

The same goes for you Sherlock.  My apologies about the speed.  We try and keep things even between our clients but sometimes it doesn't turn out that way.

Regards,

Rob

I don't mind you looking into my order -- in fact, I'd appreciate it.

However, you mention trying "to keep things even between our clients".

Well, it seems to me that the best thing to do is just handle the orders in the same order you get them.

That's about as even as you can get  - FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED

I understand this logic wouldn't work EVERY time, but it should work almost always.

People come into this forum reporting having received locations from you after placing their order less than a month ago.

While others have paid you MONTHS ago and still waiting for locations.

I know some cities are harder to locate in than others.

But, that's not always the reason some of us are having to wait longer than others.

I, for example, even gave you a fresh set of eight new zip codes to work with and have nothing to show for it after 3 weeks.

In 3 weeks of having your staff "get right on it" either you should have found some locations or you should have burned through those 8 zip codes and asked me for more by now.

It's doesn't take that long to get through a business list for any given zip code when you're marketing by phone.

Please explain why you wouldn't handle the older orders first if you have the businesses to call on?

I wouldn't normally poke into how you run your business so much -- except this isn't MY first time with this issue and I'm not the first VENDiscuss member here who's had this issue.

Maybe we just need some enlightening.

I don't pretend to know your business Rob, nor do I wish to tell you how to do it.

But instead of asking for our client ID's, how about instead you just look into your orders and work on the orders by handling the older ones first?

I don't want special treatment --- I suggest you take care of those customers whose money you've had longer first. Then work your way forward from there.

I hear you!

First Come, First Served is definitely the golden rule!

We do our best to rotate in that order. 

There will be a day when you know exactly when to expect your locations but we're not there yet.

And listen, I'm not one to ever ask for special treatment either.  I understand that.  The only reason

I ask to for your client id is so I can check to see if there is a reason we're having an issue.

I really appreciate the feedback.  We could never get better without it. 

Regards,

Rob

Heading on 2 months with my latest order....I know I requested bar/rest only and I am in a small area...but if that  is an issue we can adjust location type or add a zip code. Got three machines with no homes. Don't know if there's a problem unless there is some kinda communication.

• 1 month later...

Finally placed The Tri-Headed Candy Machine on Saturday. May First after ordering a Location Late Feb.  I'm going to check on the sales in Two Weeks and see if I'm going to order any more locations from Rob.       

• 4 weeks later...

I will checked the Hair Salon next week.  In the meantime, Rob and his crew has Quickly founded me Three New Locations in Greensboro.  Kickstart was so fast, I had to set up a new time to meet the Owners!  Great job Rob!

• 3 weeks later...

I have ordered 3 locations from rob, There communication isnt to bad. My first one was an auto service garage about 2 months ago, not too bad. My second order came in quickly with a mini market, I think that one will do well, its right by the front door by the cash register. Just the 15 minutes I was there talking to the owner several kids were using it allready. Still waiting on the third which I just ordered recently. Only problem I have is when they send me my location and I call the contact person they tell me no they didnt want my machine, but KSL sends me new locations for that machine rather quickly. Thanks KSL, you're doing something I couldnt do.

Rawsons Vending