Ordered My First Locator with KickStart.

chada75

I am a patient person, I think. Rob got me my first single location very quickly last fall in less than a week. Then my second one took more time, and the third even longer still. I basically found that one because it was from my wishlist. Now I've been waiting 2 and a half months for my 4th single. In Robs defense, I asked him to hold off for 2 weeks while I was on vacation, but even with that it has still been 2+ months for one single. I live in a large populated area, with hundreds of restaurants and stores. It worries me to think of having a larger prepaid order and having to wait these amounts of time. I know he has been busy since the holidays, but 2+ months for a single, just one :huh:?

I am a patient person, I think. Rob got me my first single location very quickly last fall in less than a week. Then my second one took more time, and the third even longer still. I basically found that one because it was from my wishlist. Now I've been waiting 2 and a half months for my 4th single. In Robs defense, I asked him to hold off for 2 weeks while I was on vacation, but even with that it has still been 2+ months for one single. I live in a large populated area, with hundreds of restaurants and stores. It worries me to think of having a larger prepaid order and having to wait these amounts of time. I know he has been busy since the holidays, but 2+ months for a single, just one :huh:?

I feel your pain...but, I don't have it as bad.

There's you and at least one other member here that's been waiting over 2mos for a KSL location.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last heard from KSL and I'm waiting for a lot more than 1 location.

In reading on Vendiscuss about other locators and their eventual demise, I'm beginning to fear KSL is feeling the strain that those locators felt...He's getting more orders than he can handle.

I noticed the locations are NOT coming as frequently as they used to from KSL and Rob's not responding to his emails as promptly as he used to either. And this was BEFORE he took ill last week.

Are these the first cracks in the dam maybe?  -- getting too many orders and getting them too fast is how problems started with the other locators...and it never turned out well for them.

I hope I'm wrong about KSL. I really like Rob.

With Central and Midwest practically nonexistent, there has yo be more pressure(and orders) on Rob. 

There's really no one else to pick up the slack.  That obviously puts his business in a precarious position. 

Optimistically hoping we'll all get our orders filled with incredibly amazing locations very soon!

Wow, Wow, Calm down folks! 

My friends we are up and running!

I'll be honest this flu has had me down an out for about 10 days now.

Thus the slow reply to emails. 

I can assure you we are well and operational. 

If you would send me your client ID if you think you've been waiting an extra long time and I'll

make sure we jump on it. 

Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

I've been fairly complacent with my business lately, so its time to get on track. My goal is to get locations for about 35 machines consisting of singles, doubles, and mainly triples by the end of April. I want to locate at least half of these and let Kickstart do the rest. Ordered one location this morning with the rest/bar upgrade and will start ordering 2-3 every 2 weeks until goal reached. Hope Rob sends some of that GRAVY my way. 

Oh, if I gave sneak peeks it wouldn't be any fun!

Let me just say we're giving YOU a lot more control of how we work.

;)

Regards,

Rob

Cool.  You have to hop on one food while calling potential locations.

;D

Its been 8hrs and still no location, what's up Rob. Just kidding, just poking fun at the ones always needling the locators over the time it takes.  I understand that locating is not like listing a TV show line-up and I don't feel the need for constant email updates just because you did not get me a location in the first 4-6 weeks. And I think we need to remember the shortage of good locators, there's a reason, It's not that easy. 

Okay folks, I gave a not so gleaming account of my experience waiting for a location from Rob. Now I want to be fair and give a good report about my current experience. I waited almost 2 1/2 months for one single. Well, KS finally found me one at a not so appealing bar that changes it's name every 6 months, and is in a not so desirable section of town. I let Rob know that I didn't feel comfortable with this location. He let me use my refusal, and within 2 days had me another location. I placed my machine in there today, a very nice little Italian Rest. I know Rob has been very busy since late last year and he is really the only reliable locator we have here, who does communicate back with you, although sometimes it takes a while. Good job KS and Rob, and I will be ordering more locations from you in the near future. 

Its been 8hrs and still no location, what's up Rob. Just kidding, just poking fun at the ones always needling the locators over the time it takes.  I understand that locating is not like listing a TV show line-up and I don't feel the need for constant email updates just because you did not get me a location in the first 4-6 weeks. And I think we need to remember the shortage of good locators, there's a reason, It's not that easy. 

Maybe we're "needling" because of what KSL states they can do! Go to the KSL website and count how many times it states "Lightning Fast Results" or "Expect your first location within a week". Yes, locating is an extremely difficult and complex business -- that's why I don't do it myself but don't tell people you can do something that fast if you can't do it!!!

God bless Rob for trying to take care of all of his customers but how many times have you seen "send me an email and we'll get right on it" or "send me an email and I'll put yu on the top of the list"? How many times can he do this before everyone is on the top of the list?? I sent an email and got put "on top of the list" on Feb 7th..... Got my first location 3 weeks later. In KSL's defense, it looked like it would be an awesome location but when I went on Monday to place the machine, the manager stated that he did remember talking to KSL but they must have him confused with someone else because they have a policy of no on the floor type machines. I don't know whose "fault" it was...could have been the manager's, could have been KSL's for not explaining the type of machine correctly, could have been no one's fault. What I do know is that I've received no further communication from KSL after updating the status on my admin page. When I updated the status of the location, I also updated my Wish List and Zip Code list at the same time and as of now, they are still showing as "UNSEEN" so that indicates to me that no one has even looked at my order this week.

I did my homework before hiring KSL, I talked to people that had used them and I gave them a try...... I'm still giving them a chance, hopefully my experience will improve but I'm NOT impressed thus far.

Did you not see all the post before ordering, about the emails and "top of the list." My point is, there are plenty of post here that express frustrations on the time it takes to get locations and the sometimes lack of communication so no matter what is stated on KSL's website there's enough info here to know what your getting before hand.

Did you not see all the post before ordering, about the emails and "top of the list." My point is, there are plenty of post here that express frustrations on the time it takes to get locations and the sometimes lack of communication so no matter what is stated on KSL's website there's enough info here to know what your getting before hand.

Hey Mainor, maybe OPV didn't take those members expressing frustration at "the time it takes to get locations" seriously because of your post (which OPV quoted) poking fun of those very same members as if their impatience was unjustified.

;DNow I'm doing the poking  ;D

All in good fun Mainor

There is no amount of money in the world that would convince me to be a paid locator. It's just a no win endeavor. The ratio of vendors looking for "good" locations vs. the number of actual available locations, coupled with inflated vendor expectations and the lack of any real locating company competition spells certain disaster.

Rob handles this as good as anyone out there and I admire him for that. I couldn't do it, thats for sure.

There is no amount of money in the world that would convince me to be a paid locator. It's just a no win endeavor. The ratio of vendors looking for "good" locations vs. the number of actual available locations, coupled with inflated vendor expectations and the lack of any real locating company competition spells certain disaster.

Rob handles this as good as anyone out there and I admire him for that. I couldn't do it, thats for sure.

That couldn't have been said any better.  So true!! 

Agreed!  Any locator that is active on this board will need a full time public relations person!

As I have said in the past, new locations are like fruit on a tree and at some point most or all of that fruit (or at least the easy ones) will be picked by the competition.  Some geographic areas have more abundant fruit than others.  The problem is the locator has no way of knowing which areas are more plentiful until they get into them.  When they hit a saturated area, that is usually when trouble starts and the order seems to takes "forever" and then the vendor gets "leads" rather than solid "yes" locations - only to add to the frustration.  Some locators will no longer work certain areas because of that  Wish there was an easy way to scout out an area before going into it.

Jax