.10 Mechanic Question

Hillbilly

I'm currently vending Chicle gum in 2 locations and both are doing good.  I'm giving 10 pieces per vend @.25.

4 for .10 is the same price,so if I gave 3 for a .10 do you think people would still buy it?

I could increase my margin just a little.  I wouldn't change the 2 machines I already vend them out of, just some new ones.

What's everyone think?

Hillbilly

If I vend 3 for .10 I could make an extra 87.50 per 9900 count box.  I was just wondering if anyone thought it might negatively affect sales or if it would do the opposite and spur sales. Be worth it for another 25% in profit IMO.

I'd still have to make sure I can vend just 3.  I'd more than likely be doing this in an Oak Vista.

Hillbilly

I have 1 location where I sell 1080ct gumballs for a dime.  It does about $5 a month.  That's down from the hights of about $15 a month.  I had to do it becuse there was already a vendor who placed a 2-for-1 machine in there after mine was already placed.

The problem I see with your scenario is that you may not be able to accurately control the number of chicles per vend.  Especially if you try to crank it down to only 3 per vend.  What if you only vend one or maybe 5, etc?

I have one dime mech for a Komet still around you could use to 'test the concept'.  Only thing it would cost you is the shipping as we have no use for it and no parts available to convert it.

Just pm me an address if you want it.

Jerry