Candyman Vending

spdydre

Well to update you guys I have set up a few schools and they are doing great. I also picked up a few additional accounts downtown. Now on to the bad news! :( Just got the call today that I will have to remove my machines on the airport due to my sponsor filing for bankruptcy they are closing operations. The only other way I can stay on the airport is if one of the other airlines/companies I service decides to sponsor me but they do not like doing that due to legal matters if I hit a plane while servicing the machines they do not want to be at fault. So I am kind of bummed out but I am going to try and hit the areas/cargo docks outside of the airport to see if maybe I can move my machines into any spots around there. I have a few accounts needing snack machines so most likely I will transfer some snack machines of the airport to those accounts. Either way its part of the business just have to pick up and move on. Link is posted below and I will keep you guys updated.

http://www.bizjourna...h-location.html

Have you tried contacting US Airways? I know they fly into IAH Airport.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the next few weeks I am going to try and contact a few other airlines/companies to see if they are willing to sponsor me. If not then I will just move on. I have a few accounts including the schools that still need a few snack/soda machines so I might just move those over if all else fails. I had a good run it was fun

• 1 month later...

Well just to update I found another sponsor so I will be able to continue on the airport and am in the process of getting that in order. Its been kind of crazy so I have not been able to set up many new accounts since May. The machines that I had to remove from the area on the airport I moved to one of the Cargo Docks that I picked up a couple weeks ago and one to one of the school. the cargo dock seems more promising as it did $90+ in four days with one bottle soda machine. I plan on moving a snack machine in there soon and have wo other locations wanting snack machines as well. Other than that account I have not picked up any other accounts since May. I started back up locating a week or so ago but have not had any good solid accounts I would like to set up. My backup locator I was using every now and then also quit so I am in search for a new in person locator/salesman to help me out a bit from time to time. I will be back with more updates and hopefully some new accounts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eduardo no I still work my fulltime job around my vending. I do my route before and after work and on saturday. I plan to start working PT soon and doing vending because my job is really slowing down my growth ability and now I am getting more and more accounts since people are starting to know who I am

• 4 months later...

Well just to update you guys I am still plugging along. I was able to get a another new customer at the airport this past month and I am finalizing a deal to place machines in a new large pilot training facility. I am aiming at getting 3 to 4 accounts per month in 2013 and so I have contacted a few locators to help me out in addition to my current locatiing. So far I am up 2-0 on my locators finding new accounts this past month haha. Another crazy thing is because I did not have clearance on the airport for over month or so to get to my machines another vendor drilled out the lock on one of my coke owned soda machines and started using it himself! So that is another issue im dealing with now. I will update at the end of the month to let you guys know where I am at.

Well just to update you guys I am still plugging along. I was able to get a another new customer at the airport this past month and I am finalizing a deal to place machines in a new large pilot training facility. I am aiming at getting 3 to 4 accounts per month in 2013 and so I have contacted a few locators to help me out in addition to my current locatiing. So far I am up 2-0 on my locators finding new accounts this past month haha. Another crazy thing is because I did not have clearance on the airport for over month or so to get to my machines another vendor drilled out the lock on one of my coke owned soda machines and started using it himself! So that is another issue im dealing with now. I will update at the end of the month to let you guys know where I am at.

So he just took possession of a Coke owned machine? Around here that's called a felony - you might end up with one less competitor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

James  I ended up filing a police report and he refunded me for the money stolen inside the machine.  I am not sure what has happened to him in regards to him and being a vendor at the airport I just left it alone they can handle that.  Yes I am still chugging along though I got my first university account that is a delivery only account so they will be placing monthly orders for sodas and snacks.  I do my first delivery this month and am pretty excited.  I actually sponsored a campus golf tournament by giving them ten free cases of soda and while I was delivering I ran into the director of the university by mistake when I got lost on campus.  She asked if I worked for a vending company and where I was trying to go so I told her I was the owner and was just dropping off the sodas for the golf tournament.  She then said they place monthly orders for sodas and snacks and if I would be interested so I gave her my business card and the rest is history!  They contacted me within 2 hours to send me all the forms to set up my account with the university.  This is why I love vending you never know what going to happen or when.  You could be down on your luck for months and then boom you get a good account or lead.  I have alot of soda only accounts so I am in the process of finding some cheap snack machines for those.  I should update my numbers in the next month or so I havent updated in about a year haha. 

Here is a picture of the airfield outside of one of the terminal breakrooms I service.  It really is cool to drive around out there.  I dont know how long I will be on the airport since things are always changing so I try and soak it up as much as I can!

164fmg.jpg

Archived