What would you do?

Ok heres the story..have a big melon farm operation..on location is a 9 selection third party pepsi machine..  when melon season comes then the machine will sell out in 2 days...well I tried to put 2 or 3 machines here but guy says NO only have space for one unit..

I trust the guy...hes hasnt given me a reason not to trust him yet..

The location is about 35-45 minutes from me..depends on traffic..

Well I went to fill the machine and he approached me with this deal... he will store some cases of pop in his warehouse and he will take a key to the machine..when something sells out he will fill it then once he runs out of pop then he call me and i can come fill the machine and bring him more for his warehouse..he said all the pop I bring he will sign off on to prove he got that much product and he will not mess with any of the money in the machine..all he wants to do is make sure the unit is full..

I dont think it would be a bad idea..cause with all my soda machines I have out I think its gonna be a VERY busy summer..so if i can save a 45 minute trip one way every 2 days and make it like maybe once a week with this guys help..I think Im for it..

but what would you guys do? Would you trust him  with a key to fill the unit?

HI,

I have a similar situation only with a snack machine....I allowed a trusted person at a location  to fill the machine to keep it from running out (they even make sure the change is filled in the changers)....The site is happy because the machine is always filled and the machine is up and running and I am happy because I can leave extra product / change and have a person on site taking care of business for me....truly a win win situation BUT you do have to have a trust worthy person on the site....

So far so good for me....If you have a good feeling about the guy I say go for it but keep accurate records for supplies vs $$ taken out and have a spare lock cylinder (keyed differently of course) just in case.....

Good luck.

Andrew

Should be no problem getting meter readings from machine. You will need to show him how to empty the bill box or it will get full and stop working.

Only drawback I see is that he realizes how much $$ is going through the machine and will want a bigger piece of the pie, but if he's doing some of the work he deserves it.

depending on the machine a lot of them have the capability to lock in the inner door with a cheapo cam lock. Also depending on the DBA you are using you can get a different stacker box. A few of my larger royal 804's that are in locations that sell more product than the machine can hold money Installed a Coinco DBA with the Flex stacker that will allow it to increase the capacity on its own by about 200$

depending on the machine a lot of them have the capability to lock in the inner door with a cheapo cam lock. Also depending on the DBA you are using you can get a different stacker box. A few of my larger royal 804's that are in locations that sell more product than the machine can hold money Installed a Coinco DBA with the Flex stacker that will allow it to increase the capacity on its own by about 200$

What is a stacker box? do you have a link?

A stacker box is the box the bill acceptor stacks the bills in. They are made with different holding capacities and are brand specific so you need to lool for someone that deals woth the brand of DBV that you have. A company like Vendors Exchange will have then for most brands.

I agree with each of the posts.  I have many vendors handling those aggricultural accounts in CA and they really do get busy in season.  I would lock up the inner door and hand over the keys. 

Poplady