wacky bands.

bostonvendor27

When I was mainstream into  bulk,  Thats why I stuck to GBs and candies.  Two different times I got into the toys/novelties and it blew up in my face.  When the braided bracelets were going like crazy, I was racking in the quarters! I finally broke down and bought 10 cases of them to lower my cost.  half way through the 7th case they just suddenly stopped selling.  Well, sort of,  I went from averaging 10-15 vends a day per machine down to roughly 2 vends a day per machine. Then K-mart kicked me out because they got a better deal with another company willing to pay 50%.commission on gross or at least thats what management told me.

Same way with the glo sticks.  I was buying one case at a time and finally bought 5 cases to lower my cost by 3cents a cap,  I still have 3 cases somewhere in my basement.  I went from selling 4-6 vends a day down to about 3 a week in a matter of 4-5 days...  after 8 weeks I finally gave up and pulled them.

I am pretty much out of the bulk vending except for 2 locations, but learned to just stick with GBs, Pmm, RP and Skittles....

Another approach is to simply sell the "boring" toys that always seem to sell consistently, but never really blow out.  Superballs, Sticky Stuff, Rings and Mystery MIx would fit that category.  If there is no competition from other machines, kids will still buy this boring stuff - what else are they going to do with those quarters if they want a prize?  Candy is a very poor seller for me in most restaurants and I only vend it if requested as a courtesy to the owner and staff.  I try to limit the racks to just one fad product.  I may make an exception with these bands however.

When I was mainstream into  bulk,  Thats why I stuck to GBs and candies.  Two different times I got into the toys/novelties and it blew up in my face.   When the braided bracelets were going like crazy, I was racking in the quarters! I finally broke down and bought 10 cases of them to lower my cost.  half way through the 7th case they just suddenly stopped selling.  Well, sort of,  I went from averaging 10-15 vends a day per machine down to roughly 2 vends a day per machine. Then K-mart kicked me out because they got a better deal with another company willing to pay 50%.commission on gross or at least thats what management told me.

Same way with the glo sticks.  I was buying one case at a time and finally bought 5 cases to lower my cost by 3cents a cap,  I still have 3 cases somewhere in my basement.  I went from selling 4-6 vends a day down to about 3 a week in a matter of 4-5 days...  after 8 weeks I finally gave up and pulled them.

I am pretty much out of the bulk vending except for 2 locations, but learned to just stick with GBs, Pmm, RP and Skittles....

do you want to get rid of those glo sticks?

Would they still be any good?  I have had them in the basement (its dry and usually stays around 68 degrees year round,  might see 70 during the really cold days.) for at least 5-6 months. 

I will put that on my ever growing to do list.  but it would go towards the top since it would also involve cleaning out the basement  that my wife has been after me to do for almost a year now.

Ate lunch at Cracker Barrel today and they have the new gliiter bands.  Selling what looks like 8 or 10 in a pack for 2.99.

I think part of the reason mine in the machines have slowed down are because everyone else is selling them too. I dont think the craze has slowed down one bit just so many others competing with us vendors. I was working a laundromat today and they had them too!

The waitress had them on. I asked where she got them and she said out front.  I also asked why she wore them. She said because every one is.  She was about 18 -20 years old. She had to show me her favorite. Pegasus.

Has anyone seen this? On the Oriental trading company web site they are selling  1000 bands for $50 and offering free shipping with an order of $50 or more! I'm not saying this is a good or bad deal just throwing it out there. They would have to be capped.

OK.  I found them.  I entered an order & it showed shipping as $8.99.  I love places that $49.99 is less than $50 so I won't get free shipping.  I assume I am going to have to buy something really cheap to get over the $50 requirement for free shipping!  :angry:

I added 72 arctic friends erasers for $1.49 to get over $50 & it is still not showing free shipping.  I went to their shipping chart & it didn't show any free shipping.  Was that a special offer you saw boston?  Thanks.

Rhode Island Novelty also has them.  But I have not tried them out.  I going with the Actionmatic version for now (a bit pricey however) as a test in selected locations plus I just don't feel like capping that stuff right now.