NinnJinn Vending

Are you in an incredibly competitive area or what?  That would worry me a little.

I am in a very small town.  And when I say small, I mean SMALL! lol  within the city limits we have a Mickey D's, Wendy's, and a Subway.  Oh, we also have a Cvs and a Pamida.  We have a Buehlers Buy low.  The rest are mom and pop type places where the owners live within the county.  All of this is on the same stretch of road/highway and is within about a mile possibly 1 1/2 miles. 

Within this same stretch of road, there are 16 outdoor soda machines. 17 if you count my one. 7 of them are in front of Stores etc.  Cans $75  20oz bottles are $1.25.  Next to nothing in sales.  2 are at an apt building.  85cent cans $1.50 bottles some tenants have never seen them filled and never see anyone buying a drink.

And there is my machine... 

And then the 6 machine "Island" which is the popular place to go for teenagers cruising around and Adults alike. 

Thats the one I am wanting to buy!  They aren't publicly advertising.  I just asked the owner one day and he threw out a price.  He said it is becoming more like work than a hobby.  he claims that each and everyday he has to put at least 2 cases of drinks in each machine.  He switched over to all used Dixie Narco machines about 5yrs ago and except a bill acceptor and 2 changers needing tinkering and replacing the fluorescent bulbs, he hasn't had to do anything as far as repairs.

I have sat at a parking lot before and watched for an hour recently. 7-8pm.  And it really is a busy place. I saw 15 different vehicles pull up where at least 2 teenagers got out.  and seen 9 vehicles pull up and only one person got out. 

After I started keeping track, there were 37vends.

And this was all within an hour!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the price this guy threw out for the vending island?  I would pay a lot for a place like that!

If he is telling me the truth, He got screwed on the machines!

He wants what he has in it. It is all or nothing.  $2,500 per machine including fully stocked machines and at least 2 cases of each flavor in cans and each in bottles he has in storage.  Plus $5,000 for the 10x12 building with the "lean to" on the side for the machines.  plus the deed to the 20x24ft section of property.  He wouldn't give me a revenue, but once we settled a deal and I had proof of funds, He would show me the tax statements.

He said if I twist his arm enough, he might throw in the security system/ cameras for cheap.  But he would have to check with his wife.

He said over the last 6years he has had 4 break ins.  After the first 3 he got the security system/cameras.  The 4th break in occurred 4yrs ago about 2 months after he installed the system and as he put it, "after the little F***** got thrown  in jail and the paper reported on it, I haven't even had much of a small vandalism incident."

Pretty much to sum it all up, $20k  I asked about financing/ post dating 12 checks and giving him 10% down.  He said he would think about it.  Still waiting for a call.  :(

But I am saving, so each month I can propose a higher down payment!  I would get the financing myself, but I have a wife to answer to.

he cant expect what he paid for everything.machines depreciate.why would he sell it if there is now no vandalism and makes great money??

My thoughts exactly!  I honestly think he is blowing smoke up my........  especially with the 2 cases in each machine everyday.  unless he is meaning 12packs.  If it really is true,  that would be 288vends a day if he had to put at least 48 products in each machine everyday.

Are there really locations out there that would average a minimum of 48 vends from one machine? This guy is saying as a group, for his 6 machines at one place is averaging 288vends.

if all he wants is proof of being able to purchase the island for access to the tax returns and you are truely intrested see for yourself what it makes. such locations can exist,just not mine. :angry:.there should be police records of the vandalism newspaper articles,proof it hapened.do your research because you could get screwed for a lot.

If you do 288 vends per day at $1.25/per = $360 gross/day according to his numbers.  it sounds like he has cans and bottles there, so my number is going to be a little high.  365 x $360 = $131,400 in annual sales.  Even if his sales are only half of that ($65,700) I would be willing to pay 50% of gross or $32,850 for this spot.  I would still try to negotiate him down from his $20k price, but I would make the whole deal contingent on him proving the revenue to your satisfaction, or you can back out.    If his numbers show him only making $20k/year then you say thank you, but no thank you on the deal.  However anything above $40k/year would make this a great deal.    I personally would not have paid $2500/machine to put his island together but I do know folks who have paid that sort of money for new machines and would not be surprised if that is what he paid.  It looks to me like the machines are still worth MORE than what he paid for them in this location because of the revenue they are generating.    Keep talking to this guy since I think the spot is a winner, especially if he is willing to prove revenues!

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to take this time to apologize to the members for not keeping up on my reports.

I was on vacation, then my 26yr old brother had his 4th open heart surgery and was having some complications from it.  He should be released tomorrow or Monday.

Anyways, I don't have detailed reports, But I do remember that on 8/6 I had a total of 110 vends for 7days.  On 8/13 I had 114 vends for 7days.  Yeah I know! I didn't think I could stay away from it for 7days either!  2 weeks in a row to be exact!  :DB)

8/20 after having some machine problems during the week, I am back to checking on it every day now.  So for the week I had a total of 96 sales.

Now that Vacation is over  :( and Brother doing better, I will start giving more detailed reports.

decided to stock the machine today.

After 3 days:

Pepsi              7

Coke                8

Mt. Dew          15

Dr. Pepper      4

Cherry Coke  4

Total Vends  38

I am hopeful that after my parts come in, I will be back up to 7 flavors instead of 5 and that will help my sales/vends increase.  my "big red" column went down on me last week and it is taking forever to get the parts I need.  Before the column went down, I was averaging 18 big reds a week.  After I get the 7th column in, I am thinking about trying Fanta Orange in it.

I was on vacation, then my 26yr old brother had his 4th open heart surgery and was having some complications from it.  He should be released tomorrow or Monday.

Anyways, I don't have detailed reports, But I do remember that on 8/6 I had a total of 110 vends for 7days.  On 8/13 I had 114 vends for 7days.  Yeah I know! I didn't think I could stay away from it for 7days either!  2 weeks in a row to be exact!  :DB)

I knew you couldnt stay away for a whole week! ;D but on a serious note I hope your brother has a speedy recovery!

I honestly don't know what is going on.  From the rush, rush of getting a kindergartner off to school and a preschooler off to preschool to running here and there getting State papers signed, notarized and delivered. To staying in contact with Coke and Pepsi, Scheduling appointments, rearanging appointments.

I honestly think I am losing my mind and not doing my self created paperwork right.  I have found soda cases with my chicken scratches on them.  Quarters in the back floor board of the car that I didn't know I had scattered everywhere.  SHEESH!!!

Not sure If my paperwork is off?  or I forgot a stock day?  Or if my sales are slowing down?

I do know one thing though!  We are getting some much wanted cooler temps!  It is currently 62.5 outside and the highs this week have been in the mid to upper 80s  but the humidity has been in the low 20s percent range.

Anyways!  What Info I DO have shows:

68vends for 6days.

Pepsi          17

Coke          12

Mt. Dew      26

Dr. Pepper    6

Cherry Coke 8

• 2 weeks later...

9-7

4:00pm

Checked the machine after 3 days and was rather shocked at what I saw!  I had sold over half of my Mountain dew!

Vends 58

Avg      19/day

Pepsi            8

Coke            10

Mt. Dew        30!!! wow!!!

Dr. Pepper    6

Cherry Coke 4

---------------------------------

Total              58

9-9

4:00pm

Since I sold quite a few Mountain Dew this week, I decided to check the machine. Again, over half of my Mountain dew sold in just 2 days!!!!

I have my Pepsi what I call piggy backed (two columns alternate and vend Pepsi.  I really wish I knew how to change this from Pepsi to mountain dew without having to change the flavor button.  Several people have be using this machine long before I purchased it and they know that Pepsi has always been "the big button on top"  I really don't want to change it and have a bunch of grumpy old men growling at me.

Vends 56

Avg  28/day Record so far!!!

Pepsi            8

Coke            12

Mt. Dew        32!!! woo hoo!!!

Dr. Pepper    4

Cherry Coke 0

Total              56

9-10-10

For 24 hours I had a total of 24 vends

So for the week (7 days) I had a total of 138 vends!  Woo hoo!  new weekly record!

7 day totals.

Pepsi            18

Coke            28

Mt. Dew        72

Dr. Pepper    14

Cherry Coke  6

Total              138

Sept. 17

My sales have slipped somewhat from last week.

7 day totals.

Pepsi            24

Coke            14

Mt. Dew        50

Dr. Pepper    24

Cherry Coke  12

Total              124

In 2-3 weeks I will have 2 more machines to report on.  If Pepsi approves me, in 3-4 weeks  I will 2 more machines for a total of 5 machines!  Woo Hoo!!!

Now, I have to plan ahead!  Bottle machines don't hold as much as cans.  So I can't just run down to Wally World and get sodas.  If I run out of 20oz drinks, then I'm out til my delivery date!  But on the other hand, I can't order too many, because they only have a 2-3month shelf life vs. cans 8-9month shelf life.

This past week had me doing what seemed like a million different things each day.  Coke reps, Pepsi rep, machine ordering,  soda ordering, locating, stocking machine I have....  whew!!!  I wouldn't change it for the world!!!

VEND ON AMERICA!!!  :P :P :P :P

Sept. 23

4 day totals.

Pepsi            12

Coke              4

Mt. Dew        34

Dr. Pepper    10

Cherry Coke  8

Total                68

In case you haven't read the open forum,  I got shot down for machines from Pepsi.  So in 1-2weeks I will have 2 locations with coke machines only.  So I am now searching online for a pepsi machine that is within my budget.

I did go to Dallas a buy from this man he is cool helped load machine on trailer..

Only problem i had when I called him I ask for 2 when i got there only 1 was ready so that was a misunderstanding

Machine came with Mars coin mech and bill acceptor..

972-841-1361 phone #

Yes,  I had finally gotten a bill acceptor along with a coin mech off of ebay only to find that the bill acceptor was junk.

I opened a claim with paypal but the seller never responded and didn't have any funds in his account.  I "thought" i was dealing with a trusted seller. He had 148 100% feedbacks,  But I guess he went nuts or something.  because within 2 weeks after I bought the bill acceptor he ended up getting 6 negatives about slow shipping or not shipping at all and the items he sold were junk, DOA.

I will have to do some figuring.  (truck rental etc) based on freightquote, the cheapest shipment would be 5 days and they want a little over $550 to ship just one.

You might have to shop around for a cheap shipping company.  I would pick one up too but its $300 and I'm in houston.  It might be cheaper just to drive and pick it up

Oct, 1

7 day totals.

Pepsi            12

Coke              8

Mt. Dew        60

Dr. Pepper      8

Cherry Coke  22

Total  Vends 110

Daily AVG      15.7

I got my 2 Coke bottle machines in on Thursday, Silly me only ordered enough product to fully stock 1 machine.  I didn't figure out how to track vends until yesterday.

So next week I will be reporting vends for 3 machines!  :P  And hopefully I will be able to give a detailed report on the bottle flavors sold in 2 weeks.

The Flea market that I have my can machine at with the apartments attatched  is going down to being open 5 days a week.  I have the bottle machine setup to where you can put a dollar in and push the return button and it will give you 4 quarters in hopes that my sales will either increase on the can machine, or sales will at least stay the same even though the flea market is closed two days a week now.  In the past,  they always requested to buy $20 worth of quarters 2x a week.

My bottle machine has a vortex coin mech in it, and will hold at least $40 worth of quarters.  I will be checking it every 2 days or so to make sure it doesn't run out.

Archived