NinnJinn Vending

You might want to reconsider setting the machine to make change. I had a machine in a school right beside a foosball table owned by the school. That one machine took two rolls of quarters every two days. The kids fed them all into the table. When I changed the coin mech to one that made change in $1.00 coins the sales went up by about 1-2% (probably because it didn't run out of change) and the coin box had, on average, $40.00 - $50.00 in quarters alone per week as opposed to none. (Just goes to show how much money went to foosball :'()

If you are close to an apartment, I think more of your quarters will be fed into the laundramat than into your can machine. Right now you have three machines, you are excited with your new venture, and you don't mind running over there every day, but at some point you will be much busier and the novelty will wear off.

Just my two cents

Ted

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will definately keep an eye on it, if it gets to the point to where I am having to go to the bank to get/buy quarters, I will set it back to a "non change" machine so they will get their dollar back instead of my 4 quarters.

Thanks for the tip guys!

• 1 month later...

Well, now that most of the followers have probably lost interest,  I'm back. lol

For October,  after having my two new bottle machines for a full month,  The one at "Haysville" really concerned me.  After cost of product sold and location rent.  I was in the hole by $8.60! But, Since I don't know what the full potential of an outdoor machine is, I have committed to leave the machine there until at least mid summer.  If sales are still low, then I will see about moving it.

As for the "goo"  It was much better and had a net profit of $56.80 after COGS and location rent.

The can machine had a profit of $188 after COGS and rent for the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  woo hoo!!!!

So over all for the month of October NinnJinn Vending made a net profit of $236.20

With the initial investment in product and purchase of machines, I am slowly climbing my way out of the red overall. -$363.80 I started October  -600

For got to enter the stats...

"Haysville"

Coke                7

CF Diet          12

Cherry Coke    5

Sprite                2

Barq's RB        2

Mello Yello      8

Fanta Orange  6

Water                5

---------------------------------

Total  Vends    69

Daily AVG        2.2

The Goo

Coke              11

CF Diet            4

Cherry Coke  29

Sprite              11

Barq's RB        4

Mello Yello      3

Fanta Orange  9

Water              12

Total  Vends    83

Daily AVG        2.7

Can Machine

Pepsi            80

Coke            40

Mt. Dew        176

Dr. Pepper    36

Cherry Coke 36

Total  Vends 368

Daily AVG      11.8

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh man cant believe Ninn Jinn closed wow! Yeah im a bit obsessed with vending so this is why I stay single for now haha.  Ive seen a lot of vendors go down and out of business here due to this same issue.

Archived