Simple marketing works!

raquel

Just thought I'd share....

After seeing the list of ideas for locations in the members plus section, I decided to lookup senior centers in my area. I found a page with the names and email address for all the senior centers in my city. So I sent a simple email to the centers closest to me and attached my flyer. The subject of the email was "I'd like to make a monthly donation to your center". I then explained that I will donate a portion of the proceeds to the senior center every month. Out of 11 emails sent, one already called to confirm the details and get a machine in their center.  :o Another replied with a "no" because they already have a thrift store. I replied that having a candy machine in the store would keep customers in there longer, and increase revenues. I'm waiting for a response on that one, but I'm confident I can turn that "no" into a "yes".

Even if I only get one placement, it only took me less than 10 minutes to lookup the info and send the emails. I'm also a real estate agent, and simple marketing has worked well for me in that business as well. I'm going to hit rec centers and banks next. If you're a newbie to the bulk vending business like me, you should give this a try.