What to do about complaints?

That picture is killer, I want to see the guys who put the machine in the attic

I am picturing the machine sliding up a drop down ladder and the drywall ceiling under it has a low spot and a crack in it.

That picture is killer, I want to see the guys who put the machine in the attic

I am picturing the machine sliding up a drop down ladder and the drywall ceiling under it has a low spot and a crack in it.

So I guess it looks convincing?  :)  Just something funny I put together in Photoshop last night.

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

In most any stop I service will always pay the small amounts of refunds out for customer complaints without question BUT I will keep a mental note of the names I see requesting $$ (Most all the sites I service will put a post it note on the machine with the person's name needing the refund....I ask them sometimes which item cause the problem to see if it is a machine issue that I can fix)....If a particular name shows up too often I guess that could be a problem but fortunately that has not happened yet.

On the other hand, we have a site that is frequented by children and each time I show up a bunch of kids immediately approach me saying they lost $$ and ask for replacements or refunds...I tell them that all refunds are handled by the location itself and that I just do the filling.....I tell them they need to bring it up with the location's staff at the time of loss and they will reimburse them....THAT method drastically cut down of what I think were "false" claims.....the staff doesn't mind it either because cutting down on false claims helps me as well as them because they are a commission

site.

As an interesting side note, the kids in question were not exceedingly young....most probably about 7 to about 14 or 15 years old....didn't matter if the locations were in the "good"  or "bad" sections of town....I guess kids will be kids but I personally don't remember kids being that way when I was young....

Andrew

I like this thread because it shows that many vendors on here run their routes with the customer in mind. 

This is why I prefer Vending to my previous field - Lawn Care.  I posted something on a forum in the lawn care profession and the main replies were to "just do it and charge the customer"  It is "us vs. them"...  in vending we are working WITH our locations instead of for them.