My not so dramatic Eddie Bauer experience

mainor5251

I was skeptical at first about using Eddie's services but when he offered to get me 5 bulk locations for $150 with half due on the delivery of the 5 and the other half when I could (which should be by the 30th, Eddie) I decided to give him a try.  The deal agreed upon was all locs get a shot and i was allowed 1 replacement. Eddie got me the 5 locs quick.  They were as follows a mobile home parts store, a daycare, a checking cashing place, a boat lift supplier, and a boat rental place.  The boat rental place did not work out because machine would have had to been outside (and was not willing to risk machine or product for this loc), but Eddie had already let me know ahead of time this one might not work out but wanted me to check it out and if it didn't work it wouldn't count against me.  I used my replacement for the boat lift place because it only had one employee and averaged 3-4 adults 5 days a week as far as foot traffic.  Eddie sent a replacement for both the boat rental and boat lift locations and told me to keep the boat lift loc and try it out as an experiment (by the way Eddie it did .25 for 3 weeks).  The replacements were a auto/boat repair shop and an embroidery shop.  So at this point I placed the mobile home parts store (not a place i would have attempted to locate on my own, doesn't look to have much potential but haven't collected from yet), placed the daycare (which on the surface doesn't look to have much potential, but haven't collected yet), placed the check cashing place which looked like a decent location (got a call 2 days ago letting me know I needed to remove the machine, they did not want to be liable for it if it fell on a kid), placed the embroidery shop which looks like it might reach the national average for a single so i guess that's acceptable, attempted to place the auto/boat repair place and the owner said that the employee who had given permission for the machine did not have the authority too do so and he was not interested in a machine.  So Eddie quickly sent me a replacement which turned out to be a music shop which may or may not be decent haven't collected on yet.  After seeing the types of locations I got from Eddie I wasn't sure if we were gonna be able to do much business it the future, expressed my concerns with Eddie and inquired about me supplying a call list so I could have more control over the locations being targeting and possibly having a standing order of 10 locs a month prepaid (comfortable with prepaying for 10 at a time if there coming from my list) and Eddie said he was definitely open to a supplied call list and look forward to doing business in the future.  So in conclusion Eddie did deliver on what was agreed upon and is willing to work with his customers to meet there expectations.  I do plan to use Eddie in the future and am confident we can come up with something that will be long term and benifical to us both.   I think it is important to ease into new business relationships slow and have certain checks and balances in place to insure your getting what you paid for and your businesses success does not solely lie in the hands of a single locator.  I'll add to this after doing some collecting in a week or 2.  

I was skeptical at first about using Eddie's services but when he offered to get me 5 bulk locations for $150 with half due on the delivery of the 5 and the other half when I could (which should be by the 30th, Eddie) I decided to give him a try.  The deal agreed upon was all locs get a shot and i was allowed 1 replacement. Eddie got me the 5 locs quick. 

They were as follows a mobile home parts store, a daycare, a checking cashing place, a boat lift supplier, and a boat rental place.  The boat rental place did not work out because machine would have had to been outside (and was not willing to risk machine or product for this loc), but Eddie had already let me know ahead of time this one might not work out but wanted me to check it out and if it didn't work it wouldn't count against me.  I used my replacement for the boat lift place because it only had one employee and averaged 3-4 adults 5 days a week as far as foot traffic. 

Eddie sent a replacement for both the boat rental and boat lift locations and told me to keep the boat lift loc and try it out as an experiment (by the way Eddie it did .25 for 3 weeks).  The replacements were a auto/boat repair shop and an embroidery shop.  So at this point I placed the mobile home parts store (not a place i would have attempted to locate on my own, doesn't look to have much potential but haven't collected from yet), placed the daycare (which on the surface doesn't look to have much potential, but haven't collected yet), placed the check cashing place which looked like a decent location (got a call 2 days ago letting me know I needed to remove the machine, they did not want to be liable for it if it fell on a kid), placed the embroidery shop which looks like it might reach the national average for a single so i guess that's acceptable, attempted to place the auto/boat repair place and the owner said that the employee who had given permission for the machine did not have the authority too do so and he was not interested in a machine. 

So Eddie quickly sent me a replacement which turned out to be a music shop which may or may not be decent haven't collected on yet.  After seeing the types of locations I got from Eddie I wasn't sure if we were gonna be able to do much business it the future, expressed my concerns with Eddie and inquired about me supplying a call list so I could have more control over the locations being targeting and possibly having a standing order of 10 locs a month prepaid (comfortable with prepaying for 10 at a time if there coming from my list) and Eddie said he was definitely open to a supplied call list and look forward to doing business in the future. 

So in conclusion Eddie did deliver on what was agreed upon and is willing to work with his customers to meet there expectations.  I do plan to use Eddie in the future and am confident we can come up with something that will be long term and benifical to us both.   I think it is important to ease into new business relationships slow and have certain checks and balances in place to insure your getting what you paid for and your businesses success does not solely lie in the hands of a single locator.  I'll add to this after doing some collecting in a week or 2. 

(by the way Eddie it did .25 for 3 weeks). 

You didn't have the right product in it man! LOL

Easy Eddie or I let the masses know your the one single handily responsible for the housing and economy problems along with the oil spill in the gulf and global warming.  By the way didn't you use to work for Enron.  The stories  involving you on here are at the very least entertaining.

Easy Eddie or I let the masses know your the one single handily responsible for the housing and economy problems along with the oil spill in the gulf and global warming.  By the way didn't you use to work for Enron.  The stories  involving you on here are at the very least entertaining.

i was thinking of swimming out in the gulf and plugging it up with...never mind... to stop the leak

just to show the members here that I really am an OK guy...or slay a dragon ...or something

I have proof that I had nothing to do with katrina...thats all I can say

I think targeting certain businesses is very important.  I believe most people would agree that factories do better than just about anything when it comes to bulk candy.  Pizza joints are good too. At some of my locations I have established a great relationship with the owner/manager.  Soon I will ask them for referrals.  I will not do it now because I am still in the process of buying extra machines for current locations.  I am hoping to get my 7 current locations up to at least $250 gross per month before adding new locations.  I am currently @ $200/mth.  I know you veterans think this is funny.  But that is OK.  You all need entertainment too.  ;D

I have learned from you guys that there are several ways to increase sales at current locations.  I have noticed many new bulk vendors simply buy a machine…place a machine…buy a machine….place a machine.  Some are satisfied with just getting the machine placed and don’t consider rotating products until profit increases…adding more products…adding a new product line, etc.

So in conclusion Eddie did deliver on what was agreed upon and is willing to work with his customers to meet there expectations.  I do plan to use Eddie in the future and am confident we can come up with something that will be long term and benifical to us both.   I think it is important to ease into new business relationships slow and have certain checks and balances in place to insure your getting what you paid for and your businesses success does not solely lie in the hands of a single locator.

Thanks for the review Mainor.

I used Eddie's locators for the 10 for $300 deal and was also very happy with the results.

As far as giving locations a chance -- I'm all for that.

Eddie got me a tire shop that's a typical dirty greasy tire shop.

I'm glad I didn't let that turn me away.

It's averaging $10 a WEEK in nothing but gumballs.

And the owner and his staff are some of the nicest bunch of guys I meet on my route.

The manager gives the machine a wipe down and puts it out for customers to see each morning, then locks it up with the shop equipment at closing.

I have learned from you guys that there are several ways to increase sales at current locations.  I have noticed many new bulk vendors simply buy a machine…place a machine…buy a machine….place a machine.  Some are satisfied with just getting the machine placed and don’t consider rotating products until profit increases…adding more products…adding a new product line, etc.

Good point agrantha.

I have also learned that same lesson from the experienced vendors here.

Unless something is selling VERY hot in a location - I never go more than 90 days with the same products.

Whether your vending toys, candy, stickers, or tattoos, it's all about rotating products to keep people interested.