Contract or BS?

Paraflier

Hello everyone! Long time no post!

I have a situation with my Dollar store. My wife gets a phone call from someone that did not identify them self. Says he is with a vending service that has a contract w/ 500 Dollar Tree stores that has a non-compete clause. If that is truly the case, I will of course 86 my machine ASAP. (I have seen the rack there...it was there before I but my 1800 triple head there...)

Has anyone run into this before? Did you ask for the contract they have to make sure they aren't just hustling you? I don't want to have to get rid of this machine unless I have to...Know what I mean?

I have the phone #, and am going to call at lunchtime... Just wanted to get some opinions....

Thanks for the help all!

Had the same exact thing happen at a clothing store... turned out to be the jackass with a machine next to mine. Call the number and then verify with the store owner. I would want to see the contract as well; the veribage should state some kind of exclusivity.

You should first check the contract, and if there's no exclusivity verbiage, put an even bigger rack with nicer looking machines, better products, and better signage right next to his... and then offer the location a 50% commission in exchange for exclusivity.

Just make sure you chain it down.  :)

Dollar Tree stores do have contract vending. There is one contract holder and that its universal vending managment.  They in turn sub out the locations to vending operators.  The dollar store contract just like any other vending contract gives the authorized vendor exclusive rights to the location.  When locating machines esp in large companies it is your job to make sure you are talking to the REAL desion maker. The manager is not it. These choices are made by the companies other income director.  Be happy you made what you did and pick it up.  Even though you have been there for a while you have no rights to the location because you have no contract.  I have seen many post on here from folks loosing large company locations and the reason is you guys are not talking to the right people to get in.  Locators are slaming machines it these places and they should know how the business works.  They all know good and well that these locations are under contract and should not even send you there.  If you wana know who has the dollar stores in your area I can tell you I just have to know where your at.

if i was you i would pull the machine. i had one in a major store that . knew the manager well. it was near the bathroom in the back of the store. the company that had the store saw it. started yelling about the contract. called me each time he serviced his for three months. manager said leave it. after the forth, i did not get a call but machine was missing. i called his company and had to go meet him to get it back.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am (and have been) trying to, contact the person who says they hold the contract. So far, no answer, no return phone call. Until I can determine that there is a contract in place I am going to service it as usual. If it is legitimate, like people are saying, then there should be no problems with the vendor showing me. Then I am gone. :)

If they will not identify themselves or return you phone call I say BS :angry: Sounds very low rent operation to me. I would speak with your contact at this store and maybe you can become their corporate vendor. Then don't forget your friends on VENDiscuss ;D

And there equipment is junk.  Always broken down with out of order signs on the machines.  A lot of good a national contract does them.  They would make more if they used local vendors with good equipment.

if i was you i would pull the machine. i had one in a major store that . knew the manager well. it was near the bathroom in the back of the store. the company that had the store saw it. started yelling about the contract. called me each time he serviced his for three months. manager said leave it. after the forth, i did not get a call but machine was missing. i called his company and had to go meet him to get it back.

Their contract is with the company, not you, so as long as the company did not give you the boot, they had no right to take your machine.  If that would have happened to me, I would have called the police about stolen property, and then filed a lawsuit against the other vending company for stealing your property.

He would have got a Whoopin :angry:

Dollar Tree stores do have contract vending. There is one contract holder and that its universal vending managment.  They in turn sub out the locations to vending operators.  The dollar store contract just like any other vending contract gives the authorized vendor exclusive rights to the location.  When locating machines esp in large companies it is your job to make sure you are talking to the REAL desion maker. The manager is not it. These choices are made by the companies other income director.  Be happy you made what you did and pick it up.  Even though you have been there for a while you have no rights to the location because you have no contract.  I have seen many post on here from folks loosing large company locations and the reason is you guys are not talking to the right people to get in.  Locators are slaming machines it these places and they should know how the business works.  They all know good and well that these locations are under contract and should not even send you there.  If you wana know who has the dollar stores in your area I can tell you I just have to know where your at.

havending is right, given the corporate location,  there is most likely a contract. However, I would insist on seeing it and reviewing it before I moved my machine.

I have never showed or proved my contracts to another vendor and never will. 

Then I wouldn't expect the other vendor to remove his machine, unless he was asked to by the location.

How would I know if you were for real or just blowing smoke up my golpher? If you had a problem with my presence there, then you'd have to either...

A. Present a signed contract to back up your claim or,

B. Ask the location to ask me to vacate.

Those are the only 2 ways that I would remove my machine in that instance.

I agree with you that there is probably a contract in place. However, I would have to verify that before I took action. You of all people should know what some bulk vendors will do, or say, to have location exclusivity.

I mostly agree with Haven here.

First off, in this account the operators do have exclusive contracts (through a management company).  The manager made a mistake by letting you place the equipment.

Second, there is no way in hell I am showing my contract to the guy who dropped his machine off. The contract has information in it that you are not entitled to see. Like length of contract, commission rate and possibly other clauses.

In this situation I tell the operator that he is in violation and I tell the store manager. If the machines are still there next month they get relocated to my warehouse, where they will be kept safe for a few months. I will call you to tell you what happened to the machines. If it appears you are not going to make arrangements to get the machines back, at some point in time (4-6 months?) they get destroyed.