Do these suck

mainor5251

from a vendor's stand point, I have never used them.  On a customer stand point, around my area there are a couple places that have "free air"  I see those being used frequently but very rarely ever see someone using the machines that you have to pay for air.

Does anyone operate any of those vac/air machines, like you see at a C-store?  Was wondering what brands you use and how reliable they are, and any other experiences about them you could share.

I ran into a guy working these type machines one day, he boasted of huge monthly collections, maybe maybe not! I wouldnt know where or how to repair these...the c-store near my house had his removed because it kept getting vandalized.

Im sticking to my little ole bulk vending gig! ;D

I am a franchisee for the largest Air/Vac company in the country, its not your typical type of vending business. It has a lot of logistics that you do not run into in other types of vending such as national accounts, and only having 1 main competitor verses hundreds.  if you have anything you would like to know I am sure I could shed some light on the situation.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to work for J.E. Adams, a manufacturer of these type of machines. There are some major reasons why you don't see typical vending businesses operating these. First, because they're meant to be outdoors, they're built from stainless steel (expensive). Second, they need a dedicated power supply, which makes it hard to locate something like this. It's more something that a c-store or carwash offers as a convenience to customers. It's not really something buy to make a profit (usually). C-stores and carwashes don't want people parking their cars with flat tires on their properties, taking up parking spaces that could be used by paying customers. So, they offer machines like this to keep broken down clunkers off their properties.