Vending Vechile? Or Fleet of Trucks

Hello, Everyone

I just curious as to what everyone vends out of?  I'm looking at getting new truck just wondering what everyone else drives?  Pictures be awesome to like looking at and seeing every ones fleet of trucks. 

Look forward hearing what everyone uses.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably don't count, But I have 3 machines.  I use my High School graduation present.  A 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

Not only is Betsy (the car) old, She loves to guzzle the gas, Hates oil, she spits about a quart of oil onto the ground every 20-30days.  She is falling apart.  Transmission shifts really hard from P to D but the other 4 gears are just fine.  Moon roof doesn't open,  driver's side window takes 3-4 times of shutting the car off and starting it again to get the window to roll all the way up.

But, She has given me almost 16yrs of reliability.  And after 148,000 miles she has never left me on the side of the road, and she will still leave black marks if I let her.  She is as fun to drive now as she was when I first got her.

After the first of the year, I plan on getting a Toyota Prius and let ol Betsy rest more often.  With the shape she is in, I wouldn't feel right selling her to another driver,  but yet, I am not going to let a junk yard pay me $150 for her.  Probably not by much, but to me she is worth more than $150.

well  i had a 2005 tan astro van  lettered in gold with our company name on it . but an idiot  pulled out in front of me and totaled it.  now  i have a  2003 white astro van  im looking at  getting a  box truck with all my products  on it  will make it a lot easier  im going to look for pictures  of my other vans 

I have step vans as backups a few cube vans but I only buy isuzu well gmc w4500 same thing but you can get a lot of parts from  auto zone and places like that. I know with some of the isuzu parts are from them and only them and I am 2 hours from isuzu dealer so I stay with gmc just easier for me

I'm a step van guy, and love it! Bought a used USPS van from a local dealer. It was already fitted with perfect shelving for my needs. Step vans are great in inclement weather. There is a reason the big parcel delivery companies favor them for multi-stop routes.

Update since my last post, I picked up a 98 Chevy Astro cargo van for $1800 a couple days ago. I'm in the process of turning it into my vending van now haha. I was looking for an Express but I couldn't pass on the Astro for 1800, it's smaller than I wanted but its 10 times better than my truck.

This is my work in progress. The shiney stuff on the walls and wheel wells is foam (it's actually meant for the underside of a snowmobile hood lol) I put there to try to soak up noise. I also have 2 layers of this thick felt stuff under the plywood to cut down on noise. It's alot quieter now than when I got it. After I took the picture I finished putting the floor in around the left wheel well and put a lip on the shelves. I'll put shelves on the other side probably this weekend. I think it's turning out alright for using stuff I have laying around and finding for free lol.

post-2356-129433940933_thumb.jpg

post-2356-129433940963_thumb.jpg

WOW 60,000 miles a year!  I would of figured you were doing half that milage.Thats 250 miles a day. I am assuming your route is not close together.

OOOPS, My bad, I gave you a bad number, my mileage ought to be around 40K miles this year. That's on a 5 1/2- 6 day week.

I do have two locations that are some distance apart, according to Mapquest, 45.6 miles.

Thanks Will,

I was just looking for a plain Jane white when I went to the dealer. After looking at those I saw this one and asked about it... turned out it had been sitting on the lot for nearly a year and they were willing to deal. I wound up getting it for about 5K less then the plain Jane version.

I've thought about getting a logo or some sort of graphics on it, but it just looks sharp like it sits, so for now I'm going to leave it as is.

my dad always said if you put a logo on your truck your asking for a lawsuit...I dont think that way but I know what he meant.

but, I would leave your's just like it is...

That's what insurance is for.  B) Just make sure its a good company.

I was thinking about the logo for advertising but right now I'm pretty satisfied to stand pat, more growth right now is not what I am actively seeking.

Anyone use small-midsize SUVs for vending? I'm thinking about picking up a jeep Cherokee or something along those lines but I'm not sure if it would be too small for my 1-2 year needs or not. I imagine I could fold the rear seat flat but it would be nice to hear from people with experience.

Archived