The New Forum

noved1

I downloaded google chrome? Oh my god.......what a difference compared to IE.

Thanks John. Wait to you see everything it has to offer in addition to displaying websites properly.

I understand that everyone has a preference one way or another but I never could understand why so many people stick with an inferior web browser. Using IE is like saying "Instead of taking the Ferrari to work today, I'm gonna take the 20mph moped that only has enough gas to get me half way there!" :lol:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded google chrome? Oh my god.......what a difference compared to IE.

Ok, I had to try it with IE just to see what everybody is talking about. I've tried it now with IE, Firefox and Chrome. I have to say that the all look the same to me. I really don't see much difference, if any at all.

Here are a few of the obvious aesthetic items that can be "seen". There are many more unseen anomalies that affect the performance of the site...

-- The nav bar at the top does not highlight the buttons.

-- The side column does not exhibit a smooth retraction and when re-activated it leaves black bars in the column.

-- All of the corners around the site are sharp instead rounded.

-- The displayed text is different. No shadowing.

-- The member donation bar is not visible.

-- The links in the sidebar do not highlight properly.

Granted the visual differences are not a huge deal but to me the difference between the two is obvious. I'm more concerned about the performance issues with IE turning people away than anything. There are times when I can't even navigate around the site in IE.

Wow what a difference...will take some time to get use to. Will someone bump me to let me know if this post went through. Thanks

Wow what a difference...will take some time to get use to. Will someone bump me to let me know if this post went through. Thanks

What happened to all my personal messages?

Here are a few of the obvious aesthetic items that can be "seen". There are many more unseen anomalies that affect the performance of the site...

-- The nav bar at the top does not highlight the buttons.

-- The side column does not exhibit a smooth retraction and when re-activated it leaves black bars in the column.

-- All of the corners around the site are sharp instead rounded.

-- The displayed text is different. No shadowing.

-- The member donation bar is not visible.

-- The links in the sidebar do not highlight properly.

Granted the visual differences are not a huge deal but to me the difference between the two is obvious. I'm more concerned about the performance issues with IE turning people away than anything. There are times when I can't even navigate around the site in IE.

I opened the two browsers side-by-side to see the differences you were talking about, and yes, I see them. I have to say that I don't see a huge benefit in performance when using a non-IE browser tho. But I totally understand the desire to have all your work shown in the best light, in the format in which it was intended.

I'm having trouble with PM's. I can't seem to send any. Every time I try, I get a message that the recipient cannot receive messages. I looked at my Messenger and it says that my quota is 100% full. Do we have a quota system now?

I'm having trouble with PM's. I can't seem to send any. Every time I try, I get a message that the recipient cannot receive messages. I looked at my Messenger and it says that my quota is 100% full. Do we have a quota system now?

Yes. I'm trying to decide on a reasonable amount of space for PM's. Right now I have it set at 50 messages. It will be up to each member to maintain their PM inbox by deleting what they do not need or archiving the stuff they want to keep.

There is a section in the left column of your PM box that says "Archive Conversation". This will email the PM to you so you can delete it from your inbox.

Problem is i cant view this site on iphone or internet explorer. So i got google chrome just for this site.

An app is coming soon for iphone and Internet Explorer is not welcome here.

Never had THIS happen with my own computer using Chrome. (My computer won't charge because I need a new charger "socket" from kicking the cord a few too many times so I'm using my wife's w/out Chrome)

vend.jpg

Never had THIS happen with my own computer using Chrome. (My computer won't charge because I need a new charger "socket" from kicking the cord a few too many times so I'm using my wife's w/out Chrome)

vend.jpg

That looks like IE garbage! What browser is that from? :huh:

Yes. I'm trying to decide on a reasonable amount of space for PM's. Right now I have it set at 50 messages. It will be up to each member to maintain their PM inbox by deleting what they do not need or archiving the stuff they want to keep.

There is a section in the left column of your PM box that says "Archive Conversation". This will email the PM to you so you can delete it from your inbox.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but all my received pm's have vanished.

I have officially converted to google chrome for all my web browsing. Night and day. The only thing I had to adjust was the zoom to 120 percent for my eyes. Thanks for converting me. Now if I can just find the section with the manuals.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but all my received pm's have vanished.

Jim, I'm sorry but I can't answer that one. The PM's were supposed to be transferred as well. I know all mine were but I'm not sure how many others were as well.

I'm still trying to find the archive button...

The "Archive to Email" button is located in the left column of the message view. (See Pic)

post-1-0-61591000-1295011211_thumb.png

I have officially converted to google chrome for all my web browsing. Night and day. The only thing I had to adjust was the zoom to 120 percent for my eyes. Thanks for converting me. Now if I can just find the section with the manuals.

Thanks!

PS, This was my first attempt at using the Multiquote!

I'm still trying to find the archive button...

The archive button becomes visible on the left pane when you are reading your emails. You won't see it unless you are reading an email.

Jim, I'm sorry but I can't answer that one. The PM's were supposed to be transferred as well. I know all mine were but I'm not sure how many others were as well.

All mine were transferred including ones that I thought were deleted. Filled my inbox so I couldn't get any new PM's. Is it possible to get a notice if your PM box is full?

I like that idea! I'll work on that now. I should have something by the end of the day.

Thanks Bill!

Done! And in only 22 minutes! :o

When your PM inbox is full you'll see a red banner across the top of the site letting you know.

Archived