The New Forum

noved1

steve, I figured out how to add a video, but when I tried to add another it replaced the first video with the second one, is one video the limit?

No, you can post multiple vids. Just make sure the code is separated. See pic...

post-1-0-03204700-1295555710_thumb.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darryl,

As promised, here is the report I received from support. I have made the recommended adjustments. Let me know if you see any difference.

When I view the page at work, it's all good. When I view it at home with my dog computer, it's still a slow mess. But I have found that everything is slow on it.

steve did you change something? the forum seems WAY easier on the eyes now.

miz it does seem easier on the eyes, maybe we are just getting use to it. but, dont say anything to steve about eyes he is kinda sensitive sense he only has the one eye now. and it's kinda creepy looking! just staring and blinking and blinking and blinking....

miz it does seem easier on the eyes, maybe we are just getting use to it. but, dont say anything to steve about eyes he is kinda sensitive sense he only has the one eye now. and it's kinda creepy looking! just staring and blinking and blinking and blinking....

It follows you too. Creepy.

Anybody know where the "tools" section of member plus is? Am I missing it? I see the members plus section...but no tools in it.

lak,

It will be coming back soon. I am working on a downloads section where members can up and download various materials instead of posting them in forum format. I just about got it complete. There will be a "Downloads" button in the top menu. Watch for it soon.

lak,

It will be coming back soon. I am working on a downloads section where members can up and download various materials instead of posting them in forum format. I just about got it complete. There will be a "Downloads" button in the top menu. Watch for it soon.

Messages, games, chat, and now downloads. It truly is a BBS for the new millennium!

Darryl, You forgot about blogs, galleries, status updates, and classifieds! ;)

Yeah, but don't know how many BBSes had those. Status updates; sure. Blogs and galleries; nah! Blogs are certainly a product of the web and never were for BBSes. Especially since Blog is short for Web Log.

lak,

Awesome! Glad to know I wasn't overlooking something. Thanks for the update!

on the old forum (and every other forum I have ever used) there was a section, typically called user cp, where I could go and it would show a list of threads that I have subscribed to or posted in, usually it would only show the ones with posts in them that I hadn't read. Is there a way to get to a page like that on this new forum??

it's not the same, both those options show like everything you have ever posted, it's oversaturation. Man this new forum thing is driving me crazy, I tried to adjust to it but it's just not intuitive and the effect is basically I've stopped coming here because it's such a nuisance to navigate...

Miz,

Before you go, please read the first entry to my blog. Pay special attention to the passage entitled "I just can't figure it out." Here is a link in case you can't seem to find it.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/blog/16/entry-14-i-cant-fix-it-if-i-dont-know-its-broke/#

It's been my pleasure to have you here but unfortunately progress has a way of leaving some behind. I wish you continued success with your business.

on the old forum (and every other forum I have ever used) there was a section, typically called user cp, where I could go and it would show a list of threads that I have subscribed to or posted in, usually it would only show the ones with posts in them that I hadn't read. Is there a way to get to a page like that on this new forum??

The my contents tab will show you what threads you have posted in or started. In the my settings tab you can adjust the settings for the notifications of the threads you have subscribed to.

I think he may be talking about "unread topics". I have the same problem.

YES exactly!! Here is a pic of what it looks like on another forum, I used to be able to get to the exact same type of display on VD before the big change:

post-1749-0-70626700-1297090294_thumb.jpg

Here's another example...

post-1749-0-65357000-1297090780_thumb.jpg

I wish I could post one from the old VD but I never took any screenshots of it lol. Anyways the thing is, notice how it doesn't show a ton of threads? It only shows threads I am subscribed to that have been replied to, and I that have not yet viewed since they were replied to so therefore the forum knows I have something new to read on those threads. If I want to see a list of every thread I ever subscribed to, there is a button to view all subscribed threads too.

Is there any way we could have this functionality? Also, is there an option somewhere to automatically subscribe to any thread I start or post in?

Thanks

Archived