Different Types Of Gum

classicglide

What would be considered the best gumballs for flavor,selling and profit.

those 3 things together make it a wide open question, but dubble bubble from sam's for around 17.00 is your best gum for profit, I have recently started selling nerds, they cost me 39.00 plus shipping, they seem to be selling better but I havent had time to determine if the price increase is worth it. but if you have a sam's go with dubble bubble, and remember to keep your extra gum airtight to retain freshness, also keep away from extreme heat and cold.

those 3 things together make it a wide open question, but dubble bubble from sam's for around 17.00 is your best gum for profit, I have recently started selling nerds, they cost me 39.00 plus shipping, they seem to be selling better but I havent had time to determine if the price increase is worth it. but if you have a sam's go with dubble bubble, and remember to keep your extra gum airtight to retain freshness, also keep away from extreme heat and cold.

I have looked at some of the others, even from Sam's you can get higher priced Dubble bubble. Is there a enough differance in taste to justify the price diff. And what would you consisder extreme cold. It's been in the 20's here lately.

for newbies I would just stick with the gum from sam's that they stock, the temperature requirements are posted on the box, if it is exposed to extreme cold it will crack, if it is exposed to extreme heat it will melt, if you dont keep it airtight it will get hard as a rock.

for newbies I would just stick with the gum from sam's that they stock, the temperature requirements are posted on the box, if it is exposed to extreme cold it will crack, if it is exposed to extreme heat it will melt, if you dont keep it airtight it will get hard as a rock.

I will no longer do Double Bubble from Sams because they just don't hold up. They crack way too much for me.

I have a large igloo ice chest. It holds about 4 or 5 cases of 850ct gum. I mix together two Oak Leaf Fruit Stand (because it's only $20 a case), then one Thunderbolts, and one Nerds. I mix it all together in the ice chest, and store it there until I do my servicing. Keeps it cool in the heat, and warm in the cold.

• 3 weeks later...

I will no longer do Double Bubble from Sams because they just don't hold up. They crack way too much for me.

I have a large igloo ice chest. It holds about 4 or 5 cases of 850ct gum. I mix together two Oak Leaf Fruit Stand (because it's only $20 a case), then one Thunderbolts, and one Nerds. I mix it all together in the ice chest, and store it there until I do my servicing. Keeps it cool in the heat, and warm in the cold.

Would you say that Fruit Stand is one of the better tasting gum? I am thinking of adding some gum, profit isn't my biggest concern. I'm only adding 1 head and just want something that people will like. I was going to get the eyeball gum because it matches the horror theme I have, but I'm afraid that gum is usually not all that good.

Where do you get the Oakleaf fruitstand gum from at that price?

I highly recommend Ford Gum. Their price is comparable to Oak Leaf and Sams and the flavors are very good and they offer a good mix of flavors on their assorted boxes and their other flavors. Their Watermelon is the best of the three major brands (dubble bubble, Oak Leaf, Ford). Deal with Ford direct for the best prices and if you can get a pallet.

I highly recommend Ford Gum. Their price is comparable to Oak Leaf and Sams and the flavors are very good and they offer a good mix of flavors on their assorted boxes and their other flavors. Their Watermelon is the best of the three major brands (dubble bubble, Oak Leaf, Ford). Deal with Ford direct for the best prices and if you can get a pallet.

Is there a good source for just a case? I just want to add a single machine for shows to fill a need in case anyone sees all my toy machines and is disappointed I don't have any candy/gum. I was thinking of adding on gum and on PMM just on my rack, the rest would be stickers and toys.

For only one case, it is really tough to do anything besides Sams Club.

So you have to buy in large quantity from Ford to get the Sams price? Anyone know the A&A price for the Oak Leaf? Next month I've got a show every weekend and would like to see how an added gumball machine would do. I've got two horror shows and two general entertainment shows. I've got different machines that I take to both but a gumball might be good everywhere. I like the freaky fruits from Ford if I didn't have to buy 10 cases or anything.

If you buy gumballs from Sam's, always check the date code on the box. The first letter represents the month. So "A" is Jan, "B" is Feb, etc. Never buy gum more than 3 months old! Taste test the gum after purchasing. Sam and Tootsie Roll Corp claim the gum will last for 2 years - but that is a real big joke! If you have slow moving gumball locations, taste test that gum on location! You may be (unpleasantly) surprised that the gumballs have turned into marbles after 6 to 8 months!

• 2 months later...

If you buy gumballs from Sam's, always check the date code on the box. The first letter represents the month. So "A" is Jan, "B" is Feb, etc. Never buy gum more than 3 months old! Taste test the gum after purchasing. Sam and Tootsie Roll Corp claim the gum will last for 2 years - but that is a real big joke! If you have slow moving gumball locations, taste test that gum on location! You may be (unpleasantly) surprised that the gumballs have turned into marbles after 6 to 8 months!

So, for a newbie question, how long should the gum last in a machine? I bought a box at Sams in April with 4/2012 stamped on the box and a code letter of "D". I am assuming then that this is "made in April" gum. In the end of April, I loaded 1/2 the box into a machine at my work that I am using as my "test" machine. (The machine is in an unheated/uncooled warehouse) Then yesterday my workers were complaining that the gum was hard. I tried out a piece and sure enough, they were not rocks, but they were definitely crunchy and took some jaw-power to get the process moving - nothing like the fresh stuff. I tried a piece from the remainder of the box that I had put into ziplocs and it wasnt crunchy but was a bit tough.

Archived