Vending Cages for Snack Machines

Does anyone know of any company who designs and make cages for snack machines? A few years ago I had a machine on the 2nd and 4th floor (next to the ice machine) of a Embassy Suites hotel. Hotels can be a high traffic area, once the gift shop closes the CASH COWS rolls!

On the down side, you have some tourists trying to break into the machines. Once I left, other vendors had the same problems. The hotel MGR wants my services again. I explained, the only way I would return, the machines would have to be in cages or in the hotel lobby.

I might have to hire a local weldor.

EJ

[A fast nickel is better than a slow dime]

Does anyone know of any company who designs and make cages for snack machines? A few years ago I had a machine on the 2nd and 4th floor (next to the ice machine) of a Embassy Suites hotel. Hotels can be a high traffic area, once the gift shop closes the CASH COWS rolls!

On the down side, you have some tourists trying to break into the machines. Once I left, other vendors had the same problems. The hotel MGR wants my services again. I explained, the only way I would return, the machines would have to be in cages or in the hotel lobby.

EJ

Unless, you're buying hundreds (if not thousands) of these things, the local welder is not always cheaper even after you factor in shipping.

I learned this while looking for a welder to make a variety of different things throughout my business career.

Everything from bulk vending machine stands/racks to warehouse shelving was cheaper through manufacturers rather than through a local welder.

The mass production of a mfr allows them to make them for a lot less.

I have no personal experience with any of these 3 companies because I've never bought a vending cage, but I found them through google...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Mine was just a quick google search.

I found these in 30-seconds.

You could probably find quite a few more options when you have the time to go through more than one Google page.

Just search using phrases like "vending machine cages" or "vending machine enclosures".

EJ

Let me begin with that I am surprised that the manager would even entertain the idea of caged machines in a mid-scale hotel. I also have an Embassy Suites with machines on multiple floors. Vandalism has not been a big problem for me at this location in the three plus years I have been there. One machine on the 7th floor has been my only occurrence. That being said, I understand every city is different.

One of the other vendors here, Antonio, has a "vending island" and had a breakin. His solution ought to be effective for your application without making the machine look like they are in a prison. Basically what he did was to install a steel bar around the machines and attached it to the wall at each end, with one side fastened with a padlock to allow it to be removed to service the machines. Unless they breakout the glass to grab the snacks something like this might work for you. Even if you can't attach the ends to the wall you could fabricate something that would attache to the side and back of the machine and then have a removable steel bar across the front. If you PM him I'm sure he would be happy to get you some pictures to use for a guide.

Let me begin with that I am surprised that the manager would even entertain the idea of caged machines in a mid-scale hotel. I also have an Embassy Suites with machines on multiple floors. Vandalism has not been a big problem for me at this location in the three plus years I have been there. One machine on the 7th floor has been my only occurrence. That being said, I understand every city is different.

One of the other vendors here, Antonio, has a "vending island" and had a breakin. His solution ought to be effective for your application without making the machine look like they are in a prison. Basically what he did was to install a steel bar around the machines and attached it to the wall at each end, with one side fastened with a padlock to allow it to be removed to service the machines. Unless they breakout the glass to grab the snacks something like this might work for you. Even if you can't attach the ends to the wall you could fabricate something that would attache to the side and back of the machine and then have a removable steel bar across the front. If you PM him I'm sure he would be happy to get you some pictures to use for a guide.

You can also get a nice piece of plexiglass cut for the snack too. We do that a lot in California school accounts. I hate the look of those cages and I think they reduce the sales.

Poplady1

http://bham.craigslist.org/bfs/2223621709.html

Don't have any experience with this company but saw this ad on craigslist. I also don't know where you are located but he says he ships too. The link to his website is on the listing but I didn't find any listed on there. Maybe it's something new and he hasn't added them to the website yet. Hope this helps. I agree with Bev about the look of the cages but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Murph

The main question is, Are they busting the glass? or popping your lock? if they are just popping your lock, then get a hasp with a pad lock.

If they are busting the glass out, pay the extra money and get a more durable pane of glass or plexi that is shatter resistant.

if the machine is getting broken into that much, then its time to give up the location and move on.

end of story.

as ninn jinn said a hasp may solve your problem.they will have to drill the lock out and then the lock on the machine.double the time and effort and they might not mess with it. they are the cheapest solution to your problem.

you can also get better locks and padlock to share the same key

EJ

Do they have security cameras?

I would tend to believe that the lock change will be more appealing to the eye, and affordable for your pocket. I can't imagine a thief going through all that for a few hundred $.

I would tend to believe that the lock change will be more appealing to the eye, and affordable for your pocket. I can't imagine a thief going through all that for a few hundred $.

You will be amazed to see what kind of destruction these kids nowadays cause to get into a machine. Had a friend a few years that big into apartment complexes. Someone followed him around at some point on one weekend the went around to 8 locations and used some kind of portable plasma torch to cut the doors off of the at the hinges becuse he had padlocks and hasps on the other side. Then pulled the door open cut the T-handle from inside and stole the money. The kids in the complexes then stole all the product out of the open machine.

WOW, I never would have thought of that. I guess I am to old fashioned to be creative enough to even think of that type of stuff, and I have a plasma cutter sitting in my shop.

Whatever happened to values, morals and respect?

You will be amazed to see what kind of destruction these kids nowadays cause to get into a machine. Had a friend a few years that big into apartment complexes. Someone followed him around at some point on one weekend the went around to 8 locations and used some kind of portable plasma torch to cut the doors off of the at the hinges becuse he had padlocks and hasps on the other side. Then pulled the door open cut the T-handle from inside and stole the money. The kids in the complexes then stole all the product out of the open machine.

LOL some huge risk of getting caught you'd sure feel like a a*shole sitting in jail for stealing 50 bucks out of a soda machine

Plexi does not stop them from stealing product. They just burn a hole in through the plexi and use a coat hanger to jerk the product and spirals out. I know because this was done at one of my college accounts in the dorm among other places like hotels.

The cage, bar, or a piece of flat metal bolted on the lock side that extends past the gap where the door and cabinet meet is your best options.

Plexi does not stop them from stealing product. They just burn a hole in through the plexi and use a coat hanger to jerk the product and spirals out. I know because this was done at one of my college accounts in the dorm among other places like hotels.

The cage, bar, or a piece of flat metal bolted on the lock side that extends past the gap where the door and cabinet meet is your best options.

Years ago I had a couple of machines at a day lobor service. I put in a small USI GF19 that had plexiglass and used to sell cigarettes in it. (sold them for 3 a pack and made over 1 on each one). The guys in there did that to me, heated a coat hanger with a lighter and burned a hole right at the edge so it wouldn`t be noticible. I lost a couple of cartons before I got a piece of glass in there.

WOW, I never would have thought of that. I guess I am to old fashioned to be creative enough to even think of that type of stuff,

Your not the only one dloiselle! I just got done reading the posts and am amazed at all the creative thinking.

Your not the only one dloiselle! I just got done reading the posts and am amazed at all the creative thinking.

If only those losers put as much effort into getting a job as they do trying to break into a vending machine most would have pretty good jobs. :)

If only those losers put as much effort into getting a job as they do trying to break into a vending machine most would have pretty good jobs. :)

exactly! and quite possibly all those graffiti "artists" as well!

Archived