Locator services

Boazcat

Has anyone had success building your drink and snack route by using locators? I dont see it talked about as much on this board...

Do most of you just cold call businesses or stop by cold?

I know that eddie bauer locates machines by phone, and I believe he may send some overflow work over to Rob at kickstart from time to time. The rate is 200 bucks to 500 bucks depending on the location volume.

Has anyone had success building your drink and snack route by using locators? I dont see it talked about as much on this board...

In over 15 years and 10`s of thousands spent/wasted I have had limited success with full line locators.

I use "birddogs" for leads with much better results. Birddogs are guys that work in a BTB environment. The water delivery guy, copier tech, a/c and plumbing guys etc. I buy them lunch once in a while and also pay 100-300 for leads that generate a machine placement for me. It has worked wonders for me in getting new accounts at much less cost than a locator and I control the process.

let me put it this way can you call a bunch of places and ask if they are satisfied with their vending? if so you've just saved yourself a few hundred dollars

My business (and I suspect most) are going to grow from a combination sources. Cold calls, warm calls/visits, referrals, buying out other companies, and networking. I have never used a "locator", but I have had other companies telemarket for me.

JD

Starting up I used a locator for two spots then I just started using referrals from friends and accounts I already have. Before you know it more people were calling me then I had machines and I lost some good accounts because I wasnt prepared equipment wise. One place called out of no where needing machines on 8 floors of the building lol. Just be sure you are ready to take on the volume and you will be ok. A locator is good from time to time but eventually you might not even need one once people start to here about your vending business you will be getting calls from people. Now I am more prepared than 6 months ago

My business (and I suspect most) are going to grow from a combination sources. Cold calls, warm calls/visits, referrals, buying out other companies, and networking. I have never used a "locator", but I have had other companies telemarket for me.

JD

did you find that telemarketing was effective in terms of ROI?

did you find that telemarketing was effective in terms of ROI?

I don't have any hard numbers for you, but I've had mixed results. I use them for appointment setting only. Normally I would normally close about ~75% of the proposals that I put out, but the proposals I do for accounts from using this method is closer to 10-15%. I have gotten some good accounts from doing it, but spend lots of time meeting and proposing.

JD

Archived