Pick your TVF... Not your nose!

caserri

I've gotten such an incredible response to our new TVF Light theme that we've decided to make it our forum default theme. The TVF Dark is still available for those who want to use it. Just scroll to the bottom of the forum and click on "Skin and Language" to select TVF Dark.

Coming soon, I will be introducing another new theme that you can choose. It will allow you to customize the way TVF looks to you like never before. You'll be able to not only choose different backgrounds but you'll also be able to upload your own photo to use as the board background. This will make the TVF you see, completely unique and personal.

In addition, you will be able to click and drag any of the forum categories or side column boxes and put them where ever you'd like!

Here is a short preview. Look for "Caja" coming soon in the theme selector.

If you are new to TVF and not familiar with our Dark theme, preview it here...

Steve, I cant find my "unread replies" feature on main page since the upgrade. It seems as soon as I start to get comfortable with new theme it changes. I am not "techy" so it does get frustrating to me at times.

Kelly,

It will be back. It didn't play well with the light theme and caused problems. It is undergoing a re-write to be compatible with all our themes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve, I played with the skins now I can't get back to the light one. It only shows Mobile and Dark. How do I get back to the light theme?

Thanks

JD

I did that myself this morning. Never figured out how to get back but when I logged on this afternoon it was back to light for me.

I did that myself this morning. Never figured out how to get back but when I logged on this afternoon it was back to light for me.

Bill,

I manually set you back to light. There must be a setting that I'm missing somewhere. I'll figure it out.

Steve, I played with the skins now I can't get back to the light one. It only shows Mobile and Dark. How do I get back to the light theme?

Thanks

JD

JD,

I think I figured it out. Check now and tell me if you see the Light option.

I just switched to dark and the light option was still there and I was able to switch back. Yesterday the light option wasn't showing up when I switched to mobile. I figured since I was already on light it wasn't supposed to be there, but I am on light now and the option for light is there.

I just switched to dark and the light option was still there and I was able to switch back. Yesterday the light option wasn't showing up when I switched to mobile. I figured since I was already on light it wasn't supposed to be there, but I am on light now and the option for light is there.

Same here! Thanks Steve!

No problem. Not sure why it wasn't showing before. All I did was remove it and put it back and that appears to have fix it.

Thanks for letting me know.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've just launched a new theme for the forum. It can be found in the theme picker located in the "Skin and Language" link at the bottom of the page. (or in the right column if you are currently using Magnetic (formerly TVF Dark))

You can also click on my theme choice in the info section under my avatar, provided it says "Mystic" to give it a quick peek.

It is called "Mystic" and it is not for everyone since it is a rather dark theme. You are able to customize the background by clicking on the paint can icon in the upper right, much like you change the color in the default theme.

Also, you'll notice when you look at Mystic, it will probably be structured unlike any other forum you've seen. It utilizes a "grid" view on the main page. You can toggle the default "grid view" of the forum to the more traditional "list view" by clicking on the appropriate icon in the lower right corner next to the search button.

I encourage you to take it for a test run. As I said, I don't expect most people to like it but it is an alternative to the other two if you would like to use it.

I didnt put her up to that but I too am using Mystic and love it. I think it may appeal to those who also like the Magnetic theme (formally TVF Dark)

If you havent checked it out yet, do so. You can always go back to default if you dont like it.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

• 2 months later...

Archived