Beaver?

jeeptj

Hi guys,

I bought a beaver two head with stand all complete for 40$, each heads commes with 2 keys.

My question is how do you open them I have the good keys they go in like a glove but how do you unlock them?

Hi guys,

I bought a beaver two head with stand all complete for 40$, each heads commes with 2 keys.

My question is how do you open them I have the good keys they go in like a glove but how do you unlock them?

First and for most kudos to you on a great buy that price for Beavers is a steal,now to answer your question if you are sure you have the rite key dont be afraid to turn that key some times if the machine hasn't been open in a long time it will tighten up a bit if that dosnt work spray some wd40 on the lock that should do the job.

Good Luck.

Hi guys,

questions like this make me wonder if this person is for real! I mean cmon put the key in and turn...Geez!

I will probably have to drill them out, one is a tubular lock and the second the normal locks. The problem is they use to be peanuts in there so the rod is coroded so eaven with the good keys its pretty rusted.

Any tips on how to drill the locks and where can I find new locks in Canada?

Matt.

I will probably have to drill them out, one is a tubular lock and the second the normal locks. The problem is they use to be peanuts in there so the rod is coroded so eaven with the good keys its pretty rusted.

Any tips on how to drill the locks and where can I find new locks in Canada?

Matt.

This came off gumball.com. I like the details.

Tools:

1.Drill

2.Drill bits - 1/4 inch drill bit and a small sized bite 1/8 inch bit or smaller

3.Masking tape (optional)

4.Ruler (optional)

5.Large screw driver (optional)

6.Needle nose pliers or vice grips (optional)

Step #1 - You will be drilling a hole down the center of the lock that is 1/4 inch deep. For each drill bit, use a ruler to measure 1/4 inch depth starting from the tip of the bit. Wrap a piece of tape marking off a 1/4 inch depth on the bit. This tape will be your depth guide and will ensure that you don’t drill too deep into the lock causing damage to internal parts your gumball / candy vending machine.

Step #2 - Start with the small drill bit (1/8 inch or smaller), this makes the project go much faster, and bore a starter hole into the center of the lock. Drill approximately 1/4 inch deep (stop drilling when you reach the masking tape).

Step #3 - Finally, using the larger 1/4 drill bit, bore a second large hole through the initial hole, this will destroy the internal parts of the lock and will free it for removal. On your initial attempt try not drill beyond 1/4 inch depth. Thus will usually free up most locks. In some cases you may need to drill a little deeper (1/8 inch) to reach the black pin that holds the lock to the nut. Note: sSome locks are stubborn and you may need to insert a screwdriver into the drilled out lock and twist to remove the housing, needle nose pliers can also aid the process. Now you should have access to your gumball / candy vending machine.

Any locksmith should have the locks either in stock or be able to order them...You could order from A&A I think their flat locks and keys are like $5.

where can I find new locks in Canada?

I buy my new locks directly from Beaver, it is a Canadian company located in Ontario. The price is around $8 for a lock with flat key and $12 for a lock with round key plus shipping fee...

• 1 month later...

I came across a consignment shop today that was selling several bulk vending machines. They had some round beavers for $50. Is that a good price for used units? They also had a few rocket ship gumball machines for $595 and a NW triple play for $300 so I thought maybe they were a little high, in more ways than one. $50 is more than I would pay for a used Oak/NW/A&A single head gumball machine, but maybe it's worth it for a round beaver?

I came across a consignment shop today that was selling several bulk vending machines. They had some round beavers for $50. Is that a good price for used units? They also had a few rocket ship gumball machines for $595 and a NW triple play for $300 so I thought maybe they were a little high, in more ways than one. $50 is more than I would pay for a used Oak/NW/A&A single head gumball machine, but maybe it's worth it for a round beaver?

The price is ok but not a great deal. New machines are about $75 plus shipping. Beaver by the way gets some super shipping rates so for me if I bought a few they might be $85 delivered. I just bought some used machines for $30 but had to put new globes on them($10)new bases($8)new tubular keys($10)so I end up with $60 roughly in them. It works out to be $25 difference cheaper than new. I bought 28 of them, so the savings ads up but there may also be some I will need to change wheels on to what I want. If they get used up and location fast I will be happy, but I am already thinking I may have rather paid $100 for new ones with the cash drawer bases, as the ones I am using now are NICE and I am spoiled.

Archived