Win Big Vending out of business

lak20019

So I got an email from Win Big Vending stating that as of April 11, they are out business. All of their tattoos are $15/box, you can only pay w/ a credit card, all of the displays are free, and shipping is free after 60 boxes. I wonder what's gonna happen w/ all of the stuff you could "win" since the scratch off piece is the folder itself. Interesting...

I got that email too......my luck 3 customers will win now and be pissed and I will have to pay up...lol...I need to call and ask about that.

I wouldn't sweat it Kelly.

You wouldn't have a problem with customers not getting their prizes....NO ONE ever wins anything on those cards anyway.

:lol:

Glad I never got mixed up with their stuff.

Sounds like a gimmick that never panned out, a gambling one at that. Of course, rarely winning anything also contributes to the problem.

On this same theme, I am hearing more complaints about the crane machines when servicing at my locations. According to the location staff, seems that no one ever wins much any more with cranes. Some times they even yell at me and I have to remind them that I do not own or service any electronic vending machines.

R.I.P. ”Win Big"

I too like the idea of tapping into the gambling mentality of the general public. For what ever reason, he could not make his version work. I just read the email. Funny how he makes no mention at all about how the "winners" will be dealt with. :o

Let's not assume it didn't work. not all business that close fail. Often times they wana go do somthing else or could be that the supply chain has gotten too costly. You never know. I will say that it has been years since I have had sold out flat. And I did it with his product

Let's not assume it didn't work. not all business that close fail. Often times they wana go do somthing else or could be that the supply chain has gotten too costly. You never know. I will say that it has been years since I have had sold out flat. And I did it with his product

I think it IS safe to assume it didn't work.

If anything but some kind of failure were the reason for the closing of the business, there would be a better exit strategy in motion (i.e., vendors would have been informed via the email how the prize winnings will be handled).

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the idea. I thought it was very interesting.

I do have a different manufacture that I work with that instead of just leaving the flat vend cardboard white. They print games and other items on it like door hangers or paper dolls so the kids get 2 items for the price of 1. He will also customize them so that you can have it with a coupon to come back to the restaurant, etc. or advertising for your vending biz.

Has anyone tried anything like that?

Well it is an interesting enough idea, that I could see a vendor setting up their own little "competition". I know some places use those "winner" gumballs, so why not a winner sticker. A gift certificate for the location, and another way to sell your machines to a location. You just buy a gift certificate upfront, and when a person wins, they simply pick it up. All you need to do is stamp WINNER onto one of the folders. Then once a person wins, you simply stamp another, and place it at the top of one of the columns.

If a person has enough locations, they could create their own sweepstakes, although there are legal headaches, and the idea that you may need to open or stamp each and every sticker folder. I could see this working, but would be too much work for me.

Archived