Other ventures?

pocketchange

• 1 month later...

Right now my little list goes something like this:

1. Full Time Employee (AAA Texas)

2. Part Time Employee (Valvoline Instant Oil Change)

3. Owner/Operator (KI Mobile Car Care)

4. My vending route when I finally take the leap.

My hope is that 3 and 4 will be able to take over 1 and 2 so that 3 can be replaced with part time student and 4th position can be eliminated!!

Never noticed this thread before, interesting.  Here's mine:

1. Full time project manager for a large Financial Institution

2. Sell Credit card services and ATMs (PT)

3. Real Estate field services - foreclosure preservation, commecial property inspection (PT)

4.  Vending......

• 2 weeks later...

I own two properties since 2005, I am now renovating one of them to move in myself with my fiancee, so I am down to one rental property. 

I have a full-time job doing accounting.  My plan is to do bulk vending full-time by the beginning of next year, I was hoping July 1 09, but that won't be feasible.  I will also start doing DirecTV sales and a network marketing for a broadband video phone company this year for supplemental income and when I go into vending full-time I will ramp those up somewhat also.

I'm working at the local library and have a hobby of looking for real employment. I graduated from PSU with my degree in human resources and better than a 3.5 gpa. I live in Iowa though, and don't know many people. Hopefully vending helps with that.

If anyone has any connections to businesses in cedar rapids/iowa city, please let me know. I have a theory that any vendor who joins vendiscuss is okay in my book. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a towing company for 8yrs lost it being young and foolish.Started a cleaning buisness sold it 7yrs ago do to a massive stroke caused by work related stress syndrome I am now a superintendent and write and produce rap songs for my son's just bought 10 machines placed 2 working on placing the rest living life to the fullest one day at a time.

I own a moonwalk rental business.  It is a seasonal full-time business.  My busy months are March through November.  I decided to enter the vending business to supplement my income and give my wife something to do.

Heres a guy selling a couple of Bounce Houses.  http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bfs/1012369499.html

We operate a commercial and industrial cleaning business which at this point is our major business.

We are in the process of importing capules, balls and vending equiptment direct from China. I purchased a small wholesaling business here just after Christmas so im working on building up that side of the business as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am currently unemployed, laid off from a shop. Plus my growing vending. I am interested in many things though. Real estate is probably my biggest interest, bad economy so there is no point in getting into that right now. I am talking with a couple people about starting a window cleaning business and a lawn care business but reliable people to work with on a startup are hard to come by. People do a lot of talking about wanting to start things but very few people will take the first step. Anyone else have that problem?? I have a very short time limit on a long term goal. My goal is to be completely self employed by the time my unemployment runs out in about 6 months, and I don't ever want to work for someone else again!

• 2 weeks later...