Peanut Machine

Hillbilly

NW's are overkill for peanuts. That's what U-Turn, Vendesign, Vendstar and Ashland are for. Plastic doesn't corrode like metal does.

In case anyone was trying to decide whether or not to vend peanuts. Maybe this will help you decide.

Some of the parts after painting. A few hours of work.

Hillbilly

How much did you pay for that machine?

Antonio: Hard to tell but it is on the inside and outside.

Agrantha: $13.89 Bought a large lot of them and had 2 that had been used for peanuts. Some are already cleaned up and ready and some just need cleaned and a little paint. These ones are on the bad side.

I got a new location that I just serviced for the first time, went through an entire 1800 cannister of runts and half a cannister of gumballs. The third cannister has 32mm bouncy balls they did alright, but not great(probably 10-15 vends). While servicing this location 3 different employees asked about nuts, I have tried nuts once before but the location was to slow to move them. The question I have is if you have a location that could probably go through a cannister full of nuts per cycle, in yall's opinion are they worth the hassle? Was thinking about replacing the BB's with them and keep the .50 mech for the nuts. Sam's club got them for $5.78 for 52oz. 1/2oz per vend @ .50= $52 per can gross. Thats .055 cost per vend.

sorry for hijacking thread hillbilly but since you talking about nuts I figure i would just throw that in

I would mainor.going thru an entire 1800 canister of runts every time must be nice too.

Wished I had been doing runts from the beginnig, with very few exceptions runts will be the only candy out put out from now on.

Hillbilly

You have many skills...from modifying coin mechanisms to refurbishing machines. If I had your skills I would certainly be a millionaire.

Why don't you set up a webinar or something.

Because I just don't understand everything I know about ithuh.gif

Seriously, I just like tinkering with the machines I guess. I like to know how things work. Never really thought of it as a skill set. I don't know what a webinar is.

Yea, I feel the pain. My dad and I restored about 60 machines some years ago and those peanut machines were really nasty to clean up.

An old time vendor once told me, "You have to be nuts to vend nuts". I can't disagree with him. Never vended a single nut and never will. Just too much trouble and not enough profit.

Because I just don't understand everything I know about ithuh.gif

Seriously, I just like tinkering with the machines I guess. I like to know how things work. Never really thought of it as a skill set. I don't know what a webinar is.

A Webinar is live training via the Internet.

Archived