Some new stuff I ordered [pic]

Profits

So I got my order from A&A that I placed the other day. Quite fast delivery time.

What do you think of this product selection? I needed an "alternative selection" so I can change out all my heads on a 3-week cycle to keep the volume moving.

The MLB balls don't seem to be the greatest quality. Also, the acrylic rings aren't blowing my mind either. Seems rather ho-hum.

Also, decided not to order displays this time around. Figured I'd just print out some PDF's and laminate them like I've done previously.

Thoughts?

vending_product_order.jpg

larry,live displays are important imo! especially with something like acyllic rings...the acyrlic rings from a&a are bland and unimpressive, the display and rings from cardinal are topnotch, 100 times better than the aa ones. one great thing about live displays is you can always strip them down and sell the items usually for more than you paid for the display.

larry,live displays are important imo! especially with something like acyllic rings...the acyrlic rings from a&a are bland and unimpressive, the display and rings from cardinal are topnotch, 100 times better than the aa ones. one great thing about live displays is you can always strip them down and sell the items usually for more than you paid for the display.

Damn! I knew I had ordered the wrong stuff as soon as I opened the box. Should have consulted you first. I guess I can mix the A&A with the Cardinal, though. Wish I had known.

Crap.

Any idea how much worse the sales are with the A&A rings versus Cardinal?

Damn! I knew I had ordered the wrong stuff as soon as I opened the box. Should have consulted you first. I guess I can mix the A&A with the Cardinal, though. Wish I had known.

Crap.

oh well they make a good filler if you mix them in with the cardinal ones...sorry I missed your call earlier, I was shooting a video!

Any idea how much worse the sales are with the A&A rings versus Cardinal?

Honestly, I have no problem mixing product together, and using the best looking display for the job. I buy the 1in sticky mix from A&A but use the display from cardinal. I'll mix acrylic rings with metal ones, etc. I even put the handcuffs in with the rings too. So basically, with respect to displays; find the ones you like best,and use them according to product type. But I hate live displays because they take up too much room in the head. Using them on vista 300's is a joke. Any flat displays (non-live) are my first choice.

Pricing on the 2" Domo Danglers is $45.75 / 250. 1" Domo Figurines is $34.25 / 250. I thought I heard people saying the Mania stuff was expensive! This stuff is in a whole new ballpark.

Pricing on the 2" Domo Danglers is $45.75 / 250. 1" Domo Figurines is $34.25 / 250. I thought I heard people saying the Mania stuff was expensive! This stuff is in a whole new ballpark.

yes a& a should give a tube of ky jelly with each order! cardinal works for me!

Using them on vista 300's is a joke. Any flat displays (non-live) are my first choice.

using vista 300's for anything but candy is a joke, if your gonna be serious about vending toys you cant do it with those small heads. live displays will outsell flat displays everytime.

That's true, but like all toys it depends on your location. I've never been able to move the Mania stuff but I've had lines for hours at the Domo machines. Seriously, I've sold out a machine in a single day with Domo. So it's all about location, location, location. There are a few other higher priced items that do well for me as well. I just sold over 400 of the 2" licensed A&A mix in the last month at $1. They cost more per case but that just paid for all the cases I bought so now it's all profit. I cannot move the lower priced stuff very well at all.

That's true, but like all toys it depends on your location. I've never been able to move the Mania stuff but I've had lines for hours at the Domo machines. Seriously, I've sold out a machine in a single day with Domo. So it's all about location, location, location. There are a few other higher priced items that do well for me as well. I just sold over 400 of the 2" licensed A&A mix in the last month at $1. They cost more per case but that just paid for all the cases I bought so now it's all profit. I cannot move the lower priced stuff very well at all.

My fingers are crossed that the big name brand stuff will do well for me. My suspicion is that it will do fantastic. People always respond better to name brand stuff than generic stuff they're unfamiliar with.

My fingers are crossed that the big name brand stuff will do well for me. My suspicion is that it will do fantastic. People always respond better to name brand stuff than generic stuff they're unfamiliar with.

I've learned that licensed stuff is just like any other product -- it's hit or miss.

As MrGranger said -- it's all about the location.

I have some locations that will sell just about ANY licensed product better than non-licensed stuff.

Then I have locations where the opposite is true.

I see profits has a bag of the 27mm Disney balls. Many people including me sell 27mm at .50 so no need for the Disney ones. The run of the mill balls are 9.00/250 Disney are i think 34.00/250 they both sell for. 125.00 a bag but you have to sell nearly 3 times as many Disney ones to make the same money. Then add displays. Reg ball come with displays in the cs. you have to buy Disney ones.

Many people including me sell 27mm at .50 so no need for the Disney ones.

Well, Disney does have the Disney name, mega marketing budget, and large young audience. My strategy is to see if the volume is a substantial enough increase to warrant the additional cost. If it's crappy, I'll move to non-licensed super balls.

Well, Disney does have the Disney name, mega marketing budget, and large young audience. My strategy is to see if the volume is a substantial enough increase to warrant the additional cost. If it's crappy, I'll move to non-licensed super balls.

I mix my Disney in with 32mm mix bb. They are absolutely great at bringing in vends and often repeat vends. Some people will continue to take a turn until they get the one that they want. Again, it's all about location. Since my machines are next to Disneyland it's a definite plus, but machine further away do okay as well. I don't see a bump of all Disney bb vs. a mix of Disney and the 32mm, but it's definitely better than just the regular mix alone.

In my sports vendors that do 100 a month now would have to do 300 I guess anything can happen

Sure, to equal the profitability of your non-brand product. Anyway, I'm not losing sleep over it. If it ends up not making sense I'll drop it.

Archived