4-way vista rack design

dperry

Found an interesting rack stand for vista panel head machines. This looks like the holy grail of rack stands. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. Wonder how hard it is to replicate. Expect some photos of prototypes in the near future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mobile-Gumball-Stand-4-Oak-Vista-Machines-/170662140579?pt=BI_Vending&hash=item27bc419aa3

If anybody can download the pix and upload them here for posterity, that would be awesome.

That's an interesting design.

It's not bad.

One thing I don't like about it is the need to remove the top machines to access the bottom ones.

If I need to access one globe on a lower machine, I'd hate to have to unscrew a total of two lids (top and bottom) and remove two whole machines from on top.

With a traditional rack stand I just unscrew one lid and I'm there...No need to mess with the other machines.

It also looks like the design limits you to 1" or bulk product, too.

I like having the flexibility of putting flat vends on the top of my 4-ways.

Others like being able to add 2" on top.

I do like the look and basic idea, though.

But, IMO, because of it's limitations, it's little more than a glorified U-Turn....without the spinning heads of course.

I think it would work well in cases where there is not a lot of room. I expect that once you remove the screw rod that goes between the machines, the top rack will swing one way, while the bottom will swing the other, thereby giving you easy access to the bottom rack. It should be easy to come up with a concept that would allow a mix of different types of machines. I know that Havending has some custom NWs that have them stacked one on top of the other. This isn't really any different.

that is an oak or victor stand from the 60's, (I think victor) the top two machines will swivel giving you access to the bottom two machines, it also has wheels built into the base. I remember my dad using them alot.

I've posted pictures of a similar rack that I have that was made by Beaver in 1962. The one I have the machines do not have lids. It also has 4 rods(1 in each corner). It has 2 wheels on the bottom like this one. If I can ever find 2 more machines I plan on refurbing the rack as a keepsake.

Somebody here has been talking to oak about my interest in this stand. I got an email today that gave a little history on it. Seems it was popular, but they stopped making it because of the lawsuits from kids climbing on it and hurting themselves. They included a pdf of the brochure for it. Unfortunately, I can't attach it here.

Seems it was popular, but they stopped making it because of the lawsuits from kids climbing on it and hurting themselves.

I guess we should be careful in the stands we build then.

Archived