Tomy Gacha Machines

West Coast Vend LLC

Here's my story. I have a big account that I have been doing business with for about 4+ years. We are looking to expand but the new company owners may be looking for Tomy Gacha machines for 89 stores. I have never used TG machines so I don't know a lot about them. I talked to a couple of suppliers and have mixed reviews on their quality, (locks, mech's, etc.). I have also seen a range of prices from $437 to $699 for a set of 2 units, (2x2). I have also found out that A&A or any 2" capsules will work in these machines. A&A even sells the Tomy Gacha display signs. Product is around $64/250.

My question for all that can help is, are they good machines and do they have any known issues.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gary

HAVENDING has these and/or can help you with this.all I know is they are overpriced and usually come with dollar mechs 50+50.the gocha caps cost a lot but as you know any can be used.I DONT BELIEVE THERE is a.75 cent option with these machines,it`s either .50 or $1.00.

At one of my locations there is a Tomy machine across from my Northwesterns. The restaurant's owner complains that they misvend all the time and he's always giving away quarters. But they do look fun. At that location I don't see them getting any more play than my machines, but your experience could vary. For $400 you could get a good rack of Beaver, Northwestern or Oak. Maybe you should try a few first to see what you think?

At that location I don't see them getting any more play than my machines, but your experience could vary.

Actually you are in my area so your experience might be very similar to mine.

I am sure the NW rack would be better. I already have racks in ever store. the problem is, they want something different in the remaining stores that I will be getting. I sent them a proposal with NW setups and they said its not what they are thinking of. So I am thinking that they may have seen the Tomy Gacha machines somewhere and like them.

I will buy them but I have to be sure they will not give me any trouble.

Thanks

Gary

HAVENDING has these and/or can help you with this.all I know is they are overpriced and usually come with dollar mechs 50+50.the gocha caps cost a lot but as you know any can be used.I DONT BELIEVE THERE is a.75 cent option with these machines,it`s either .50 or $1.00.

antonio,

There is no .75 mech's just .50 & $1.00. I wish they had .75 because I do well with that price-point. I would go with all $1 mech's and try to find all the high-end products to sell. Disney, sports, cartoon, etc.

A friend of mine had a six head gacha machine run by another vendor in his pizza parlor. He showed me his slip and it was only like 34.00 for a month gross. That is kind of why I never bought one I have the toy n joy big red machines and the LM becker Guy that was on here last summer said the reason they quit making the machine was because the machines that have the product more visible sold better

I have used them for years and they are work horses. Very few problems and they are simple machines. It takes about 5 seconds to change out the coin mechs which is nice. They are easy to move as well. You may need to lock them to something if you are operating in a bad neighborhood especially if they are out in a foyer where they could be stolen. I personally think they are ugly machines. They scuff easy (black shoe marks around the base)and require a very thorough cleaning each visit because they really show the dirt. I am stunned that a location would want those over a NW Rack but I guess there is no accounting for taste.

Gary,

Gumball guy is right the machines are great money makers. Out of the box they look great and along as they stay on one location they will look good for a long time. But they are not made for moving from location to location. True they vend two inch caps but there is an internal chute door in addition to the outer one. and If a product is not heavy enough to activate the inner chute door it will not vend. Many of the AA hybird items will miss vend because of this. One other draw back is that every gacha machine has the same cash box key. But they come built in with a pad lock hasp built in the rear so using pad locks are a good idea to protect your coin. And YES there are .75 coin mechs for them. I have about 80 on location and 20 I have replaced with racks. I am selling them to a guy in Mexico Sorry for the grammar but using the my wife's I phone and were on a bumpy road.

This is great information to have. I just want to be able to say yes if they insist on having these machines in their stores. I just talked to another vending friend tonight that has a few TC's and he says they are very good machines also. He said he never had any issues with them.

If anyone else uses Tomy Gacha machine, please give me your review.

Thank you so much for your help.

Gary

GB guy.

What do you sell in them at what price point?

Do you have to change the mechs to change the price?

How many do you have? Single or doubles?

Thanks

Gary

Price point is determined by location and what the item is. One example is a bowling alley (captive audience)that with three doubles. Run 6 at 1.00 and 6 at .50. Junk mixes @ .50 cents and newer A & A/Cardinal items @ 1.00. Yes you have to change coin mech to change the price.

I would bet dollars to donuts Gary, that if you asked to place one or two of our chicken machines in two of those stores , management would be very very happy with the look and the money it makes.

You can buy $0.50, $0.75 and $1 coin mechs for the Tomy Gacha machines from Beaver. These Beaver mechs cost $40.

Must be an after market part but good info. Beaver has no license to sell tomy parts in the us.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I got a price today on Tomy mechs at $20 each from the Tomy distributor.

He says that Tomy mech's do not have a drop through coin feature. (small change does not drop through) and could get stuck. Can someone tell me if that is correct or if Tomy improved the mech's so they don't have this issue.

Thanks

Gary

There are four metal slats in the meck that depending on the vend price allow the quarters to turn through the cycle and vend the product. now there are four plastic clips that hold the metal slats. and the plastic ones break often. you will need to keep them in the van with you to replace as needed. If they break and you do not replace them it will cause a coin to get stuck and lock up the meck til you service it. And its true no drop through. I did see some one on ebay selling a drop through that they made them self.But i dont think it was mass produced. When gacha first cam out the coin meck was . you fed the coin one at a time and they all lined up in side. and it also had a coin return kinda like a soda machine i liked that one.

• 3 months later...

I have another question about Tomy Gacha machines.

Do they have separate keys for opening the coin box and opening the capsule canister?

Thanks

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do the cash box key is a round cam style and product is flat.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• 6 years later...

That center cone shaped deal has a pin underneath, if you take that out and then take all the other stuff out, that product wheel is adjustable. It looks like you're also missing a long spring that goes across the opening for the product drop. I'll have to check when I get home to be sure though. 

I had these in movie theatres and the employees could pick the product area lock with a paper clip. Like others said they are all keyed alike so you will definitely want to use a padlock on the coin box on the back of the machine. 

Archived