Deep Thoughs

dperry

I have a charity triple in a big chain restaurant thats also has a big rack in it. The big rack has toys in the 2" vendors, gumballs and hard pressed candies in the rest. Mine had skittles, gumballs, and bouncy balls, always does $25 a month in skittles. I guess the big rack vendor noticed cause last time I was in there the employees told me had added skittles to his machine and his was noticeably lower then the rest. Just goes to show you candy candy can still be profitable it the right locations.

I have a charity triple in a big chain restaurant thats also has a big rack in it. The big rack has toys in the 2" vendors, gumballs and hard pressed candies in the rest. Mine had skittles, gumballs, and bouncy balls, always does $25 a month in skittles. I guess the big rack vendor noticed cause last time I was in there the employees told me had added skittles to his machine and his was noticeably lower then the rest. Just goes to show you candy candy can still be profitable it the right locations.

I would go after the location for my self if I were u. And do the standard rack set up.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Gumballs will melt too if it gets hot enough. Creates a really big nasty mess. I've had to dump a couple of heads this summer. I think I've learned to fill them up and leave some breathing room now.

And don't leave bags of bouncy balls in a hot vehicle for days on end.

People often say that candy will spoil but toys last forever.

That is not true.

Sticky Hands will melt in the sun.

I have never had sticky product get messy from the sun. I rotate product often and keep machines out of sun light. But I have had live sticky displays that were a few years old break down and get slimy. I guess the chemical breaks down over time. They made a hell of a mess. The slime rundown the fronts and in the the base of the machine and in the coin meck. No fun to clean.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wisdom: When ordering locations get a guarantee. Use the guarantee. If you are lazy, you'll regret it. I don't recall how I got so busy not to use the option, but I have some craptastic duds out there.

Other wisdom: If it looks like it will suck, it usually will. If it looks like it will close, it will. Talk to the owner while there if you can, find out if they are considering closing. I've seen some businesses just fail when they had prime locations. If it looks great, it has a 50-60% chance to be great.

Archived